PDA

View Full Version : Modesta Glass Coatings

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

artofdetailing
11-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Anybody heard of them or used them before? They look amazing and have to be sprayed on.

zmcgovern45
11-05-2013, 04:54 PM
I know Brian Guy of AOWheels (http://aowheels.com/) in Orlando uses them.

Not much info on his site though. I'm sure you could shoot him an email if no one else has any more info.

psaiko
11-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Only Modesta BC-06 has to be sprayed on. BC-01 BC-03 BC05 have to be applied by wet application or dry application.

masterpartha
11-05-2013, 05:12 PM
There is a certain veil of secrecy surrounding the modesta coating. Noone exactly wants to elaborate on the application process with a detailed guide. There are only a handful of youtube videos and zero threads regarding the application, afaik.
Any idea why this is so?

For anyone wanting to learn about modesta - check out the Arkbarrier site.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Mike lambert
11-05-2013, 05:17 PM
I spoke with the gentleman in Florida, sounds like it is difficult to apply, there is no warranty and 200 a bottle . 30 mil for one car.

swanicyouth
11-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Check out Paul Dalton of Miracle Detail in the UK. He has awesome videos on YouTube and apparently worked with Rupes to develop their new machines. He uses Modesta.

Ryry11
11-06-2013, 08:20 AM
I was looking around for modesta after seeing Paul dalton using them, seeing as how their flagship coating has a 9 hardness rating and is temp resistant up to a crazy temp. Not to mention they use a sharpie on the paint and it wipes right off effortlessly...

I couldn't find much. I did come across a couple posts about people talking how they thought it's just another company rebranding or using another coating in attempt to clean up on the coating craze.

If modesta is and does what they claim it does, it looks pretty good. Oh, and they claim 3-10 durability😳 I'd like some input if anyone has any...

swanicyouth
11-06-2013, 08:24 AM
Dunno. I like wax. But, I have my wheels and some other areas OptiCoated. If I was in the market for a coating I would only be looking at 3: OptiCoat, CQ, or the PBMG coatings because you can get many applications out of the bottle.

masterpartha
11-06-2013, 10:54 AM
If you thought modesta was crazy, check out this coating from a Korean company called Pomponazzi.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zmw7-dtbQM]World's No.1 real inorganic glass coating POMPONAZZI coated BMW mini british green - YouTube[/video]

zmcgovern45
11-06-2013, 11:13 AM
I was looking around for modesta after seeing Paul dalton using them, seeing as how their flagship coating has a 9 hardness rating and is temp resistant up to a crazy temp....

9 Hardness based on what scale? Pencil Hardness? Mohs Hardness?

TroyScherer
11-06-2013, 12:24 PM
The products just cleared customs and will be on the website soon I have been told from the American distributor.

I am interested in them for the reason of being new and some large claims. But only testing and time will tell.

SeaJay's
11-06-2013, 12:31 PM
I recently had the pleasure of being shown the modesta coating at a local meet and great with Barry Theal. Alex Borda was there (one of the US reps). The amount of gloss it adds to the paint and the thickness of the coating are amazing.

You could actually feel the difference between the coated area and non-coated area. Which is pretty amazing if you ask me.

There are still some things to be ironed out about how it will be released in the US. i.e. terrtories, how to get "qualified", etc.

But it should be available soon so you will see more and more of it.

Mike lambert
11-06-2013, 12:42 PM
I do know of a test between c quartz finest and modesta, modesta did not fair well in several tests.
I just think the price per car makes it unreasonable

SeaJay's
11-06-2013, 12:49 PM
I do know of a test between c quartz finest and modesta, modesta did not fair well in several tests.
I just think the price per car makes it unreasonable

Really? I'd be interested in seeing that. Happen to have a link to this test?

And the pricing per car is definitely high. But as with anything it's all in how it's sold to the customer.

psaiko
12-04-2013, 05:06 PM
I think he talks about the slickness test. Thats the only test I know.