PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using magic eraser???

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

PERFECTIONPLUS
11-05-2013, 11:55 AM
We use them at my shop all day everyday on interior /exterior they are a great asset to any detailers arsenal!! ill post some pics of some before and afters if i can figure it out.

01GreyStangGT
11-05-2013, 12:26 PM
I use them on plastic trim.

Harry Da Hamster
11-05-2013, 12:31 PM
I use it on burnished leather steering wheels and shift knobs to get back the satin look.

David at LC Pads
11-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Great tool to have around - use them all the time!

jrs1418
11-05-2013, 12:54 PM
The best invention ever!

jsgntulok
11-05-2013, 01:24 PM
I use them only as a last resort and then with extreme care. If not really careful, a magic eraser will do damage, depending on the finish.

BrianMcLeod
11-05-2013, 01:25 PM
I hear they are suppose to clean door handles if you get wax or compound on them I am going to try it also I will post a picture when I am done

statusdetailing
11-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Absolutely can't live without them!

artofdetailing
11-05-2013, 01:37 PM
I use them on plastic pieces but never on leather. Don't use them on wheels either because they are way too harsh.

mark2dx
11-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Are there any good write ups out there on how to incorporate these into a detailing arsenal? I have some that I use around the house and they do in fact work great.

On a car though, even something as simple as trim....scary! :buffing:

David at LC Pads
11-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Are there any good write ups out there on how to incorporate these into a detailing arsenal? I have some that I use around the house and they do in fact work great.

They can get pretty aggressive if you are aggressive with it, but I haven't had any problems with them. I use them for scuffs on trim and most plastics and vinyl. They often remove marks or dirt that normally would require the use of strong chemicals. If something doesn't come out with a brush - a magic eraser takes it out most of the time. Anytime you can replace a nasty chemical with something like a magic eraser its a total WIN/WIN situation. For heavily soiled vehicles or daily drivers - Its a total must and go to tool for me. I definitely suggest not using on leather - it can damage it very easily.

FUNX650
11-05-2013, 04:46 PM

^^^:iagree:^^^

We use them at my shop all day everyday on interior /exterior they are a great asset to any detailers arsenal!!
ill post some pics of some before and afters if i can figure it out.
I'd be interested in what vehicle components/parts
that would be considered "sponge-worthy". Im the MAN

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfQBKB4s1ks]Seinfeld: Spongeworthy - YouTube[/video]

Bob

David at LC Pads
11-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Man, gotta love Seinfeld. I'd say good episode but most are....

I find them very useful on lower door panels that get shoe scuffs, but on any textures plastics it works fantastic. I feel like its easier and faster than a brush. anything vinyl is fine also. I wouldn't be able to detail boats if it weren't for them.

Would I use it in a Ferrari? probably NOT, but I've never cleaned one that was dirty enough where I ever thought about it. Its great for daily drivers and family vehicles. They work good on steering wheels and anything that gets build up from lotions on your hand etc.

FUNX725I use them on almost all light colored vehicle I detail - I suggest giving them a try, I don't think you will be disappointed

ALSO - I find a lot of the time you don't need to apply a lot of pressure. I think it actually works better if you don't. let it do the work for ya.

BrianMcLeod
11-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Should I try it on this arm rest or to harmful 2270522706

FUNX650
11-05-2013, 05:56 PM
FUNX725 I use them on almost all light colored vehicle I detail - I suggest giving them a try, I don't think you will be disappointed

ALSO - I find a lot of the time you don't need to apply a lot of pressure. I think it actually works better if you don't. let it do the work for ya.

It'll be tough-going, but I may just use these melamine foam tools on some vehicle areas you have mentioned.

Some of them even have some ethanol in their formulations. http://www.myemoticons.com/images/objects/beverages/whiskey.gif

Just don't use them with chlorine bleach.

Too much pressure causes their little foam-cells to break-down petty fast whenever I've used them around the house.
They probably won't emit any formaldehyde vapors/fumes when they act that way though.

:)

Bob