PDA

View Full Version : Flex and PC

BrianMcLeod
11-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Has there been anyone that has a flex and then got a PC I know people have a PC and the get a flex just asking because that's what I did :)

parttimer
11-05-2013, 10:56 AM
I would think people would go the other way! However I would pick a GG if I didn't have one. More power!!

BrianMcLeod
11-05-2013, 11:03 AM
No I mean I have a flex and just bought a PC lol

davidg
11-05-2013, 11:22 AM
There's a huge plus to having a pc. Even if you just use it with 3 inch pads for head lights and small trim it's worth it.

I went the "right" way. Started on a pc and ordered my flex yesterday. I do have experience with the flex and it feels like a total monster compared to the pc. I still see a ton of reasons to keep my pc though instead of reselling it to recoup some money in the flex.

BrianMcLeod
11-05-2013, 11:25 AM
There's a huge plus to having a pc. Even if you just use it with 3 inch pads for head lights and small trim it's worth it.

Have you been reading my other post? Because that's what I am getting it for! Also a guy can not have to many polishers

spinz
11-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Have you been reading my other post? Because that's what I am getting it for! Also a guy can not have to many polishers

Cannot have many polishers? How so?

:confused:

BrianMcLeod
11-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Cannot have many polishers? How so?

:confused:

I am saying you could always have another polisher. Like if you have a PC you could use a rupes or flex for quicker work understand? Kind of like you can't have to many cars?

davidg
11-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Cannot have to many. You read it too fast. BM, nope your post was my first read of the day.

I've never used the gg mini, but I don't see what it does the pc wouldn't do better since it has more power and you can get a slew of backing plates. Also, a perk to the pc is the cycling brushes! Interior cleaning and whatnot.

BrianMcLeod
11-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Yep we'll I bought it for headlights and I had a couple threads about the PC and headlight lol

BrianMcLeod
11-05-2013, 01:15 PM
I saw the mini rupes I wonder if I should get that for headlights or stick with the PC what do you think?

Wors
11-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Both should yield great results.

I saw the mini rupes I wonder if I should get that for headlights or stick with the PC what do you think?

davidg
11-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Pc is here now. Rupes...well, you're gonna wait. No price has been announced as far as I know, but I imagine you will pay dearly for Rupes.

BrianMcLeod
11-05-2013, 02:32 PM
I think I will just stick with the PC because a lot of attachments for it and seems like everyone has one also be my first da polisher

Velocitybts
11-06-2013, 10:44 PM
The Rupes is likely to be pricey, just my opinion. For the nominal price of a PC, that would have been my choice for a 3" option. I did get the GG 3" and now wish I didn't. Great handy little machine and helps is all kinds of places, which is why I bought it, but after ready the failures and problems they have, and how many more attachments the PC has available, I should have sprung a little more for that. A Flex and PC is probably the best of choices to use. Can do anything with them. Not sure if a Rupes 15 would add too this combination, or replace the Flex. Just not sure if the non forced rotation on convex or concave or vertical panels would work out as nice or as easily.

Just my thoughts...