PDA

View Full Version : Rupes 21 and Lake Country Backing plate

nat88
11-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Hi, I did try to search but I cannot find the answer yet.

I'd like to know if anyone can use Lake Country backing plate 5'' for Rupes 21?

Besides of original Rupes backing plate, is there any high quality and compatible backing plate out there?

Regards,

Dr_Pain
11-04-2013, 09:53 PM
The LC backing plate won't work but you can use the Rupes 5" with the 21. I know they say it's for the 15 only but it work and I use it all the time on mine :)

nat88
11-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Nice and quick reply. Thanks

I have hard time to pull out the pad from Rupes backing plate. That's why I want to find the alternative backing plate with high quality.

Dr.Pain. Personal question, in car detail, mostly we like the look, the beautiful car, but your avatar is with pain and doctor and an X-rays of head and neck. What does it mean lol? :)

Dr_Pain
11-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Unfortunately the backing plate for the Rupes is proprietary and factors in some of the technology advancements that are their claim to fame.

LOL! My avatar, as well as my forum pseudonym relates to a nickname given to me by a patient a long time ago. This is the same pseudonym I use on all forums I participate in, regardless if they are professional or hobby. I am a physical therapist by profession and do hold a doctorate as well as a certification as an orthopedic manual physical therapy (hence the Dr_Pain) and the avatar is a part of and AP/Lat series of a good friend of mine, who was one of my patient. Detailing is a second business for me (or I should say a third business!?) but that is the subject of a whole other conversation. If you see me on other forums, feel free to say hello!.

allenk4
11-04-2013, 10:58 PM
I predict your Friend got a fusion at C6-7

Dr_Pain
11-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Actually, we were able to escape the multi-level fusion through some creative physical therapy treatments. Going strong for 2 years with full return to ADL and back at work.

nat88
11-06-2013, 12:30 AM
IMHO, appreciate yours. To me, in detail world, there's so many health professionals. There's only one word..WoW

My question is how can you guys manage the time to enjoy it? :)

Specially after long working hours in hospitals or in center. My specialty now is for the head.

Back to the topic. for Rupes 21, which pad do you have? LC or Rupes or Meguiars? Which collection do you like much? Thx again.

Dr_Pain
11-06-2013, 09:38 AM
IMHO, appreciate yours. To me, in detail world, there's so many health professionals. There's only one word..WoW

My question is how can you guys manage the time to enjoy it? :)

Specially after long working hours in hospitals or in center. My specialty now is for the head.

Back to the topic. for Rupes 21, which pad do you have? LC or Rupes or Meguiars? Which collection do you like much? Thx again.

This could be a LONG story but I will give you the synopsis version of it. I created this business for my oldest son. I've been detailing since College, but never had a full blown legit operation until a few years ago. I was basically just taking care of my vehicles and a few friend's. I do find it quite therapeutic to detail, and it is solid time spent with my oldest one. Shortly his sister and my youngest will join but not at this time.

My intentions in creating the business was to impart a few life lessons to my son, such as:

1) Attention to detail (to the Nth degree)
2) Methodology and organizational skills
3) People skills and good communication skills
4) Business and marketing skills
5) An appreciation of hard manual labor and the value of a dollar
6) Leadership and teaching skills (in interacting with customers or dealing with employees)
etc.....

Also I wanted him to save his money to buy his first car. I am one of those that don't believe in indiscriminately just "gifting" a car to my kids. They have to earn it!

Where do I find the time.... I make the time! We work on the weekends only, unless it is the summer. We have a very tight packed schedule (with our maintenance washes) and are masters at scheduling and managing the paint corrections and more heavier details.

I've been very successful and blessed through my other business ventures, so 100% of the income fromt he detailing busienss is his to save. He is allowed to currently spend the income for only 2 reasons. 1) Products (or other business related expenses) and 2) Hiring employees. The rest is to go into saving until he can purchase his car/truck CASH and have at least 6 months of insurance and misc. expenses saved up (basic business 101). The rest of the money will be saved for College expenses.

As for your question regarding the pads. I have and love the LC flat pads Lake Country 5 1/2 x 7/8 inch Beveled Edge Pads 6 Pack, foam pad kit, build a kit, buffing pads, curved edge pads (http://www.autogeek.net/lake-country-beveled-pad-kit.html) and do most of my heavier corrections using the Meguiar MF cutting pads Meguiars DA Microfiber Cutting Discs, compounding discs, cutting pads (http://www.autogeek.net/5in-microfiber-cutting-discs.html)

Favorite combos are Orange pad and Menz PF2500 for a quick one step and MF cutting with Menz FG400 finished with SF4000 on a finishing pad

I do most of my work with 5"/5.5" pads but do have the LC and Meg MF in 6"/6.5"

I hope this answers your questions :)

custmsprty
11-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Great write up Dr Pain!

JSou
11-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Dr. Pain, the inspiration.