PDA

View Full Version : Is it a good idea to replace my DA with a XC3401?

spinz
11-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Hello Geeks,

Recently i'm starting to think that DA works slow for me, it always took me at least 8 to 9 hours to compound + polish + wax/sealant a car.

I heard tons of good reviews on XC3401, and after watching the "DVD - How To Use the Flex 3401 & PE14 Rotary Buffer (http://www.autogeek.net/flex-instructional-dvd.html)", i'm planning to get a Flex XC3401, but due to budget constraint, i'm going to sell my DA (MEG G220V2) in order to buy myself a XC3401.

( Currently i have a PE14, but cannot be used at the moment... Please see this thread for more details and welcome any suggestion. Failed to attach Optimum Double-Sided Rotary Adapter on my PE14-2 (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-tools-accessories/72470-failed-attach-optimum-double-sided-rotary-adapter-my-pe14-2-a.html) )

That said, going forward i will have ONLY a rotary and a forced rotation DA polisher in my arsenal, does this sound okay for you all?

Feed back please

FUNX650
11-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Try to keep your DA if at all possible.

Never know...
You may need it sometimes for a "final-polishing step" to get rid of holograms, tick-marks, and the like.

A DA also makes for an excellent wax-spreader. :xyxthumbs:

Bob

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Don't get rid of the v2 to get the Flex. You never know what you may need a regular DA for.

VISITOR
11-04-2013, 03:36 PM
i look at a flex being another great addition, but not a replacement to a traditional DA. having different tools for the job makes things easier...

spinz
11-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Try to keep your DA if at all possible.

Never know...
You may need it sometimes for a "final-polishing step" to get rid of holograms, tick-marks, and the like.

A DA also makes for an excellent wax-spreader. :xyxthumbs:

Bob
Agree! :xyxthumbs:

Don't get rid of the v2 to get the Flex. You never know what you may need a regular DA for.
Okay i got it!

i look at a flex being another great addition, but not a replacement to a traditional DA. having different tools for the job makes things easier...
Thank you!