PDA

View Full Version : Foam gun soap

Pages : [1] 2

mpnx2
11-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Can someone give me a recommendation on which soap to use while using a foam gun. I loaded mine with Megs ultimate soap and set the gun to its highest setting while it did ok the retention time wasn't very good. How do I get the foam to "stick" and stay on the vehicle for a good soak? I am using a Gilmour 95 foam master...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Dombey
11-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Well I have no experience with a standard gun...I have a cannon, but the CG Honeydew works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

I smell bacon
11-03-2013, 09:02 PM
I have used honeydew with my Foamaster II and was not impressed. Maxi Suds II worked better.

hernandez.art13
11-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Just my opinion, the foam one see's is not as important as technique and high quality product.

Evan.J
11-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Dp xtreme foam soap
CG Maxi Suds
Megs Shampoo Plus

Rmd
11-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Water quality and pressure are going to affect the output with any given soap too. I have used many of the CG soaps and although maxi suds II seems well regarded, it doesn't foam well for me in my Gilmore foam master. CG citrus wash and clear, wash and gloss, honeydew, and glossworks all foam up better for me. Honeydew is my main go to soap, and citrus wash clear or gloss when the car is dirtier.

mpnx2
11-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Do you dilute the CG citrus in the foamaster. I added the Megs straight to the guns reservoir. I have some CG citrus how did you use it?

Romans5.8
11-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Water quality and pressure are going to affect the output with any given soap too. I have used many of the CG soaps and although maxi suds II seems well regarded, it doesn't foam well for me in my Gilmore foam master. CG citrus wash and clear, wash and gloss, honeydew, and glossworks all foam up better for me. Honeydew is my main go to soap, and citrus wash clear or gloss when the car is dirtier.

+1. Hard water means less suds. Found this out the first time I took a shower after installing a water softener! That shampoo lathered up like crazy! Dish soap would suds up over the sink! Makes a bigger difference than you'd think. (Note that we have EXTREMELY hard water here, so the difference was pretty extreme)

mpnx2
11-03-2013, 09:54 PM
+1. Hard water means less suds. Found this out the first time I took a shower after installing a water softener! That shampoo lathered up like crazy! Dish soap would suds up over the sink! Makes a bigger difference than you'd think. (Note that we have EXTREMELY hard water here, so the difference was pretty extreme)

I have a water softener and have noticed a difference we have very hard water as well..much better for car detailing:thumbup:

Radarryan
11-03-2013, 10:04 PM
I've used a few different soaps in my Gilmore, and currently use Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam. From reading this thread, it seems that it doesn't work for everyone, but for whatever reason I have had good luck with it. For me, it's given the best, longest lasting suds.

The other soap that I have used that was specifically formulated for foam guns was the DP soap. I didn't find it all that great. In fact, I still have a 3/4 full 32oz container somewhere because I just didn't like it at the recommended dilution.

I have also used Duargloss 901 and Ultima Paint Wash in the foam gun, even though they are formulated for bucket washes. Nothing really to speak of, however if you had them around they produce comparable results to the DP foam soap.

Happy detailing!

Dombey
11-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Interesting on the soft water. I use my soft water tap when washing the car, so maybe that is why the honeydew works so well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Skimmer0220
11-03-2013, 11:27 PM
I use cg honey dew snow foam in my foam gun and it works great, suds everywhere I haven't tarted citrus wash in my foam gun yet but I only use that to strip the waxes and glaze

Sent from space through a satellite

mhoran89
12-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Cg mr pink is my favorite.

wrx495
12-05-2013, 12:58 AM
ohhh can you shoot me a link to this foam gun if AG has it?? sounds pretty convenient if i don't have to spend money for a pressure washer

Quiksilver5882
01-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Here's a link to the Gilmour Foam Master. They make a cheaper model which has more plastic. The one in the link below has brass connections.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000XTH1GY/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1389030024&sr=8-2&pi=SX200_QL40