PDA

View Full Version : Interior cleaning

BrianMcLeod
11-03-2013, 08:16 PM
I was to know any ways of really clean the interior clean like brand new!

How to deep clean leather?

How to do carpet?

And anything else?

Thanks!

Pureshine
11-03-2013, 08:48 PM
For leather I use 1z deep plastic cleaner and then followed by Sonax leather foam. For carpet I use Folex and my extractor.

BrianMcLeod
11-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Thanks any brushes for leather?

allenk4
11-03-2013, 10:03 PM
If you have a PC, there are some great brushes available for the Cyclo that fit it.

I have the soft one for upholstery and the stiffer one for tires. Mike Phillips swears by them.

You can find them sold as singles if you look,

BrianMcLeod
11-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Do y'all use any brushes for leather like the one on AG for 10 bucks

wdmaccord
11-03-2013, 10:50 PM
Leather cleaning: If the seats aren't very dirty or you are just maintaining, just use a leather cleaner on a MF towel and buff over each section of the seat. For dirtier seats, move to a 1" detailing brush. 1” Round Detailing Brush (http://www.autogeek.net/b15.html) Spray the tip of the brush and then clean the seats in small circular motions then wipe clean with a MF. Next step up would be a leather brush. Vinyl & Leather Scrub Brush (http://www.autogeek.net/vilescbr.html). Similar method to detail brush.

Make sure and follow with a conditioner with UV protection or just a spray on UV protectant, for newer leather, like 303 Aerospace.

I take the same steps on interior plastics, dash, console, door panels, etc. Start with APC at interior dilution on MF and do a full wipedown. Move to the detailing brush on stingier stains. That usually gets most stuff out for me, but I'll try an upholstery brush on the plastic trims like the door panels and sills for really stubborn stains.

Carpet/Upholstery: I like CG Fabric Clean diluted 1:20 in a spray bottle. Hot water in a Bissell heatwave cleaner (newer version of Little Green Machine). Spray stain, use upholstery brush to agitate, then extract using the hot rinse water in the machine.