PDA

View Full Version : guidance questions

outlaw310
11-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum but have been lurking for months. I finally decided what products to use on my 08 bullit but have some questions. First some feedback on the stang. Overvall the paint IMO is in decent condition but has some fine swirls. The car was washed with Megs gold class, clayed with a Megs clay bar, and waxed with a Megs wax. This was done about 3 months ago. Before that I dont know how the car was taken care of. Not counting this last time its been years since ive washed and waxed my own car.

I decided to go with the BF lineup since my car is a darkgreen metallic. I have decided to purchase BFGEP, BFWDS, and BFMS wax.

My first question is on the BF GEP. Do I need to clay the car before I use it?
Specific details on how to apply and remove. Do I need to wait before I put on BFWDS?

Thank you all in advance. remember I am as new as they come

Feed back please

jamesboyy
11-04-2013, 01:09 AM
[QUOTE]Hello everyone. I am new to the forum but have been lurking for months. I finally decided what products to use on my 08 bullit but have some questions. First some feedback on the stang. Overvall the paint IMO is in decent condition but has some fine swirls. The car was washed with Megs gold class, clayed with a Megs clay bar, and waxed with a Megs wax. This was done about 3 months ago. Before that I dont know how the car was taken care of. Not counting this last time its been years since ive washed and waxed my own car.

I decided to go with the BF lineup since my car is a darkgreen metallic. I have decided to purchase BFGEP, BFWDS, and BFMS wax.

Specific details on how to apply and remove. Do I need to wait before I put on BFWDS?

Feed back please[/QUOUTE
first start by washing/striping the car of any old waxes you can do this by useing CG citrus wash clear Then clay the paint work to a smooth as glass feel then apply BFGEP you want to apply a small dime size of product and spread it over one section at a time let it dry for 5 to 10 mins then do the swipe test if the product come off clean then its ready to be buffed of if its smearing its not ready and you can apply BFWDS after you applyed BFGEP just be sure not to use to much product because its hard to remove and will not dry

jamesboyy
11-04-2013, 01:10 AM
[QUOTE]Hello everyone. I am new to the forum but have been lurking for months. I finally decided what products to use on my 08 bullit but have some questions. First some feedback on the stang. Overvall the paint IMO is in decent condition but has some fine swirls. The car was washed with Megs gold class, clayed with a Megs clay bar, and waxed with a Megs wax. This was done about 3 months ago. Before that I dont know how the car was taken care of. Not counting this last time its been years since ive washed and waxed my own car.

Feed back please[/QUOUTE
first start by washing/striping the car of any old waxes you can do this by useing CG citrus wash clear Then clay the paint work to a smooth as glass feel then apply BFGEP you want to apply a small dime size of product and spread it over one section at a time let it dry for 5 to 10 mins then do the swipe test if the product come off clean then its ready to be buffed of if its smearing its not ready and you can apply BFWDS after you applyed BFGEP just be sure not to use to much product because its hard to remove and will not dry

07gtcs
11-04-2013, 01:03 PM
you will love the BF look.

cleanmycorolla
11-04-2013, 02:57 PM
You should always clay before polishing, just my opinion.

GEP is a paint cleaner and glaze. It will not remove swirls, what it will do is clean the paint really well and fill minor swirls. It's a great base for BFWD. The instructions are on the bottle, but you apply GEP by machine, let it sit for 2-3 min until it hazes and then remove. Simple! After you do that to your car, slap on BFWD, wait 4-8 hrs, throw on BFMS.

outlaw310
11-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Thanks everyone for your input.
James you answered another question I had regarding a shampoo.
Ill be using DG901 as a regular wash shampoo.

Corolla. Thanks for being detailed on the GEP i was under the impression I had to wait to put on BFWD after GEP.

Now to wait for my applicators and MF towels to come in. Cant wait!!