PDA

View Full Version : I can't take it anymore:(

Pages : [1] 2

HateSwirls
11-03-2013, 06:20 PM
I haven't detailed anything in over 8 weeks due to my surgery, I read everything posted here daily, I see all of the before and after photo's (Great Job Guys):dblthumb2:

I'm getting calls to do full paint corrections but the doctor says I'm not ready to take on such a task so I ask the, if they can wait and some will so I do have something to look forward too.
You see I don't do it for just the money , it's my favorite hobby, has been for close to 30 years.
I tell you it's not easy just sitting back and doing nothing with detailing.

Now the bad part, I was told to wait another 6 weeks before using a polisher, really sucks.
Thank Gawd for AGO:dblthumb2:

pikiki
11-03-2013, 06:28 PM
I haven't detailed anything in over 8 weeks due to my surgery, I read everything posted here daily, I see all of the before and after photo's (Great Job Guys):dblthumb2:

I'm getting calls to do full paint corrections but the doctor says I'm not ready to take on such a task so I ask the, if they can wait and some will so I do have something to look forward too.
You see I don't do it for just the money , it's my favorite hobby, has been for close to 30 years.
I tell you it's not easy just sitting back and doing nothing with detailing.

Now the bad part, I was told to wait another 6 weeks before using a polisher, really sucks.
Thank Gawd for AGO:dblthumb2:
I hope soon recovery bro, BTW if you are in Orlando let your clients know I am available, lol:dblthumb2:

Evan.J
11-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Ouch! It would drive me nuts too but soon enough you will be able to do some work. Just be happy you have a place like here to ease your mind just a bit.

I know I enjoy all your input you add to the forum!

HateSwirls
11-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Thanks guys, means a lot to me.
Yes I'm lucky to have such a great place to visit.
I feel that I'm with the best of the best here:)

runrun411
11-03-2013, 07:06 PM
I hope you have a nice speedy recovery. I just had hip replacement surgery Tuesday before last and I started detailing already. Although I'm not 100% yet I gotta do something. It was making my crazy just watching my cars get dirty.

hernandez.art13
11-03-2013, 07:11 PM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bt_-R5LInU]Heart - Barracuda (HQ) - YouTube[/video]

hernandez.art13
11-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Chuck Palahniuk
“It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.”
― Chuck Palahniuk, Diary

^ I have a good number of scars btw

TopThatDetail
11-03-2013, 07:17 PM
I know it sucks, but don't rush the recovery you don't want to make it worse and not be able to do it ever again. Use this time to spend with the family and relax you've been at it 30years. :dblthumb2:

hernandez.art13
11-03-2013, 07:25 PM
I know it sucks, but don't rush the recovery you don't want to make it worse and not be able to do it ever again. Use this time to spend with the family and relax you've been at it 30years. :dblthumb2:

+1 I am glad (kinda had to) that I followed the doctors orders. My oldest uncle who is the oldest.. Around 50, the one that owns a body shop. He never went to therapy or listened to the doctors. According to him it was a waste of time. He broke his wrist in a car accident and now has metal in it. Just like me, it shows in my videos. Just not something I advertise.

Well my uncle now always gets pain from his wrist when hammering away. When doing his auto body work.

So just listen to the doctors. In the end that's all I am trying to say.

Pureshine
11-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear bro hope things heal up faster for you and if you need anything let me know.

MrCleanit
11-03-2013, 07:33 PM
I would have detailed the TV, glass tables, kitchen counter. Hell, the crutches if you have it would get some wax lol

Feel better man.

Coach Steve
11-03-2013, 08:23 PM
You could always get a couple of model cars and detail the crap out of 'em while recuperating. And... you'd even get to pick the make and model thereby gaining the experience of having serviced some really rare or super expensive cars which you can add to your resume as having serviced! see where I'm going with this...? :props: :D

Seriously though, best of everything to you and here's hoping for a quick return to our world!

hernandez.art13
11-03-2013, 08:33 PM
I never really liked the term "bro".

However, it has never felt so natural using it, until here on AutoGeekOnline.

God Bless all you brothers! :xyxthumbs:

Bro Art :)

hernandez.art13
11-03-2013, 08:36 PM
You could always get a couple of model cars and detail the crap out of 'em while recuperating. And... you'd even get to pick the make and model thereby gaining the experience of having serviced some really rare or super expensive cars which you can add to your resume as having serviced! see where I'm going with this...? :props: :D

Seriously though, best of everything to you and here's hoping for a quick return to our world!

You know what... I actually have Opti Lens and OptiCoat, using a little toy model would be really fun, hmm... Might do that actually.

tuscarora dave
11-03-2013, 08:41 PM
the doctor says I'm not ready to take on such a task
I hope you recover with no complications, hang in there and let time take time.:xyxthumbs:

it's my favorite hobby, has been for close to 30 years.

I can't imagine doing this for another 25 years...:dig: