PDA

View Full Version : Boat Show Bugatti

Pages : [1] 2

LJR
11-01-2013, 08:05 PM
so, i went to the Fort Lauderdale boat show today, and they had this bugatti sitting towards the entrance. i don't see the reason in buying a 2 million dollar car, and letting the paint get into this condition.... i mean really, if you can afford the car, TAKE CARE OF IT!!!!

and even if it was all from the previous owner (though the other cars from the same dealer had the same paint issues), why would you put it on display looking like this?

BTW, the pictures make this car look alot better than it did in person. the entire car looked dull and hazy.

Andr3wilson
11-01-2013, 08:23 PM
These cars have softer medium paint and at least 150 microns of clear. Very flat. Dream to polish

Klasse Act
11-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Should've offered a free detail, might have lead to other things down the road! That said, I couldn't agree with you more, paying for monthly maintence on a car like that shouldn't be all too expensive when you consider the price of the car, I wish I could land a job like that, it would always look good, $500 a week, peanuts when you consider the price of the car!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

custmsprty
11-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Wikipedia says a set of itres cost $25,000 and they can only be mounted in france at a cost 0f $70,000. If that's true I'll take the Nissan GTR for the cost of one change of tires!

LJR
11-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Should've offered a free detail, might have lead to other things down the road! That said, I couldn't agree with you more, paying for monthly maintence on a car like that shouldn't be all too expensive when you consider the price of the car, I wish I could land a job like that, it would always look good, $500 a week, peanuts when you consider the price of the car!

this was in a ferrari dealership's inventory. they should/do already know better. i suppose there is a chance they are waiting till after the show to fix it, but i really think a person who could afford it might pass it over looking like that. (as i said, their other cars were swirled out too)

"the collection" (a local dealer) had a dozen or so exotics (mercedes black edition, tramontana, mclarens, lambos, etc) and all their cars were on point.

LJR
11-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Wikipedia says a set of itres cost $25,000 and they can only be mounted in france at a cost 0f $70,000. If that's true I'll take the Nissan GTR for the cost of one change of tires!

that is true. that cost does include a fully reconditioned set of rims though (you send your old ones in when you get new ones)

i'd take two gtr's :)

Klasse Act
11-01-2013, 10:31 PM
that is true. that cost does include a fully reconditioned set of rims though (you send your old ones in when you get new ones)

i'd take two gtr's :)

2 GTR's for the price of what?

LJR
11-01-2013, 11:07 PM
2 GTR's for the price of what?

2 tire changes? and 1.8 million less than a bugatti?

the point is, like you said, 500 a week is nothing compared to the cost of the car. why does it look like this?

geekdout
11-01-2013, 11:24 PM
If I wasn't factoring money in to the deal at all I would much rather have a new GTR but it would have to be a black edition.
Maybe the dealer doesn't want to invest any money in it and just sell it as is.

LJR
11-01-2013, 11:56 PM
If I wasn't factoring money in to the deal at all I would much rather have a new GTR but it would have to be a black edition.
Maybe the dealer doesn't want to invest any money in it and just sell it as is.

the keys to that car are literally worth more than my truck. you could go all day with the hypotheticals of what you could do with that money.

it just goes to show that some people see no point hiring a professional detailer or doing the work themselves, and will not part with their money no matter how little that money means to them.

i just want to have some alone time with that bugatti, a DA, and some menzerna.

oldmodman
11-02-2013, 03:33 AM
Some Euro auto magazine did a breakdown of the monthly income and expenses of the "typical" Veyron owner.

And your correct. $500.00 a week would not even be noticed.

Several of the owners described had two FULL TIME handlers for their car collections.
They spent over $10,000.00 per month on landscape services.
Private chefs went from 5k to 20k per month.
Nannies (or as they are described here in America. Mistresses) the sky's the limit.

And remember, that the "poorest" of these lucky few are taking home more than twenty million a year.

jpegs13
11-02-2013, 06:26 AM
The problem with most high end car owners is that they really don't know what a properly polished car looks like. They just want a shine. That can for the most part be accomplished with a wax. 90% of the general population would never notice a swirl unless you pointed it out to them

Challynger
11-02-2013, 08:46 AM
The problem with most high end car owners is that they really don't know what a properly polished car looks like. They just want a shine. That can for the most part be accomplished with a wax. 90% of the general population would never notice a swirl unless you pointed it out to them

:iagree: I've always been into cars, but never really noticed swirls until I got into detailing. Now I can spot swirls from a mile away (ok, maybe not a mile...)

Klasse Act
11-02-2013, 08:51 AM
I agree about having a GTR over the Veyron, taking that GTR to AMS here in Chicagoland, dropping about $75k and getting their "1200 package" would give you more power than the Veyron and still run pump gas! Ofcoarse you can't put all that power to the ground, even with AWD but you could surely afford enough tires with the savings between price and maintence it takes to have a Veyron.

Romans5.8
11-02-2013, 08:53 AM
I read somewhere that the Veyron costs so much to drive, one owner was actually trailering his to the track (hiring a professional to do so), because it was cheaper than driving it.