PDA

View Full Version : Hello There- Yet Another Arizonan Here

Boo4Osu
10-31-2013, 09:01 PM
Good Evening Guys,

I wanted to stop by and say hello on the forums. I've been lurking for about 6 months or so and finally felt I should post. So let's get started. Being a Michigan Fan, my username (and Arizona License Plate) should tell you I absolutely follow the old saying "O I Hate Ohio State".

My 2011 Victory Red Camaro SS/RS would tell you otherwise (It's a long story involving options and model year cutoffs on why it's red over Blue or Yellow). I'm somewhat new to detailing and definitely have used the AG site and forum as a starting point.

I started detailing with a Meguiar's G110v2 DA polisher and microfiber correction kit. I find it does an "ok job" with the D300 and D301, but when I look at my paint I still see small swirls so I know the cut to be defect free isn't 100% there- maybe 85% or so- it smells like blueberries when I'm done so I'm somewhat happy with the 15% left on the car.

I am also going on my 3rd Meguiar's G110v2 polisher in a year as the power surge problem seems to be a kiss of death. (I'm debating another one under warranty, but like everyone else am somewhat considering a Rupes 21).

To increase and expand beyond the Meguiar's land I recently went and dropped a bunch of cash for a variety of the somewhat loved/hated Chemical guys stuff to bring more glow to the car and also correct that missing 15% that the DA kit just doesn't get. (From my reading, I was prepared for loving 90% of the stuff and hating the other 10%).
I picked up:
1 Gallon of Stripper Scent air freshener (Ok the name was intriguing and why not go for a gallon?)
1 Gallon of Mr. Pink Car soap
1 16 oz bottle of Blacklight Glaze
1 16 oz bottle of JetSeal 109
1 Container of Lava (glaze/wax- W/E it is)
1 Container of 50/50
1 16 oz bottle of Clay Lube
3 Containers of pad cleaner (thrown in with purchases)
1 Gallon of V7 (also 16 oz was included in another purchase)
1 Container of Wheel Guard
1 16 oz bottle of Diablo Wheel Gel
1 Fine Grade Claybar Mitt
1 Wash Mitt
3 Grit Guards
2 8 piece sample packs of their 5.5" Hexlogic pads
1 3 piece sample 5.5" Hexlogic pads (to make it a total of 3 orange, white, and black pads).
1 3 piece hand polishing pads
1 32 oz bottle of V34
1 32 oz bottle of V36
1 32 oz bottle of V38
2 red applicator pads
A Tire brush, pad cleaning brush, and lastly-More microfiber towels of shapes and styles than 1 person needs....

And a Daytona Wheel Brush from Amazon.

I wish I had some documented photos of my project, but the DA died right as I was finishing the first round of v34 on the car on the day I took off to get it back to 100% (man that made me angry). I left it sealed with V7 and should have pics to post in 2-3 weeks when the replacement DA arrives.

jamesboyy
10-31-2013, 09:18 PM
Welcome to autogeek

Pureshine
10-31-2013, 11:49 PM
Welcome to AGO :)

hernandez.art13
11-01-2013, 01:23 AM
:welcome: and question:

so your machines keep breaking down (I know wee tiny bit of this btw) after the a surge? (Don't know the proper wording)

If so... (Just an idea) would a multi plug help, so when the surge does happen it blows out the fuse in the multi plug and not ruin your machine?

If these surges keep burning out your Meguair's DA. I'm sure it would happen on a Rupes.

Just wondering, and maybe it's the wall outlet that's causing the problems, so the multi plug would just be a bandaid. Until the main problem is fixed?

Boo4Osu
11-01-2013, 01:57 AM
This brand of polisher has an issue with its power control/power cord and power convertor units .. many of which were fixed in v2- I seem to have the ones from a bad batch that were released. It isn't a home power issue at all.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-01-2013, 03:15 AM
Welcome to AGO.

I have a v2 and had the same issues. I replaced the cord myself and haven't had any issues. Although I don't use it much anymore now that my Flex does most of the work.

Evan.J
11-01-2013, 06:20 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Nice list of item you have for yourself!

GS2011
11-01-2013, 06:41 AM
:welcome:

Wors
11-01-2013, 07:02 AM
Welcome to AGO!

Coach Steve
11-06-2013, 04:59 AM
Greetings fellow Desert Dweller!

I lurked for eons before finally registering and then posting - which was fairly recently. Some very helpful people here and, as I'm sure you've already discovered, a wealth of knowledge and info, too! What part of Arizona are you in? I'm in Chandler - 26 years now! Damn, time flies...
Welcome to AGO!