PDA

View Full Version : New Toy got 360 then 180!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Meghan
06-22-2007, 06:46 AM
First of all, sorry for no befores and the dark afters. Got this truck last night and of course had to detail it even though it was dark.
It was in bad shape, has sweet wheels but not sure they have been taken care of since purchase. Wheels were stained, pitted, caked on brake dust, it was very sad! :mad:
Paint was completely absent of any kind of wax, owner drove it through car washes and got the spray wax option on occasion!:(
So I decided this was going to require the PC and some XMT.

Washed- with DP Xtreme Foam
Prepped- with PC and XMT 360 (this stuff brought the truck back to life)
Waxed- with XMT 180, it smells great, looks great and I applied with the PC.
Buffed- off by hand with an indigo.
Wheels- this was a whole new story. I have to say I would always go right to the Wenol then top with DP Wheel Glaze. Low and behold no Wenol in the cabinet. So I grabbed the samples I had brought home of the new Wolfgang product we have. I cannot find the words to tell you the wonders this product did for these wheels. I was completely astonished!!! :applause:
I have to admit, I was even shocked of the difference.

So here we have it, this is a new gas hog to add to my driveway. Sorry pics aren’t great but couldn’t get any last night so I had to take them as I left this morning.

A few things I learned while detailing this... one a boars hair brush with a handle is my friend on these big SUVs.
... XMT line is nothing short of amazing.
... I have a new found appreciation for Metal
... People who did not take care of their vehicles should be spanked!:)
... Polishing Pal works great on bigger wheels
... and most important thing, I still hate doing windows!:p

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/17.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/16.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/181.jpg

HighEndDetail
06-22-2007, 07:10 AM
About time you got your hands dirty:D

Great job on that big thing

Tandis1
06-22-2007, 07:14 AM
Congratulations with the new car, wheels look great:D

Meghan
06-22-2007, 07:15 AM
Congratulations with the new car, wheels look great:D

Thanks, I have new appreciation for your guys that do this for a living. Nasty wheels can put you in a bad mood very fast. I cannot complain to much product did most of the hard work.

sparkie
06-22-2007, 07:17 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Awesome girl, just awesome!!! Detail Doctor is in the house!!!
Dr. Meghan makes house calls!!!:D
You can spank me anytime!!!:p

But really, you did an awesome job. I love this. Little Meghan doing details...And you are right, XMT is amazing line.
No ShMITT or LC mitt?
Thank you for sharing!!!

HighEndDetail
06-22-2007, 07:19 AM
I think you missed a spot :D http://www.peachstateposse.com/forum/images/smiles/leaving.gif

AL417
06-22-2007, 07:21 AM
Nice truck Meghan, congratulations! I'm with you on doing windows, I don't like'em either. Good luck with your new ride. Post more pics when you have a chance.

Meghan
06-22-2007, 07:29 AM
No ShMITT or LC mitt?

I am a boars hair brush and microfiber girl! Without the brush on the handle I could not reach most of the truck! Remember Meghan is only 5'2":D

ehuth1
06-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Triple take !! That SUV is huge and looks great! Love the wheels and color Meghan. I know all about bringing some abused wheels back to life and those look great from your pre-description.

So you brushed the whole vehicle.... Thats what I'm talking about :)

If you know your going to correct the paint why not, right !

Now we are going to get you some AA tire foam and let you coat those wells;)

It's amazing that a promoter/employee can actually do a write up + prove and back up with results, AG is truly one of a kind.

Thanks for this Meghan, I'm going to show my woman that she can too detail her own ride and be a AG :D

Adam Brooks
06-22-2007, 08:34 AM
that guy has his wheels mounted backwards

alban61
06-22-2007, 08:54 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Awesome girl, just awesome!!! Detail Doctor is in the house!!!
Dr. Meghan makes house calls!!!:D
You can spank me anytime!!!:p

But really, you did an awesome job. I love this. Little Meghan doing details...And you are right, XMT is amazing line.
No ShMITT or LC mitt?
Thank you for sharing!!!
LOL Sparkie!! I was wondering when someone was going to pounce on that one!! :D
Awesome job, Meghan! That's a huge vehicle! Is that your Expy in the background? So you have an Expy and a Suburban?! $$$ gassing them up!

Meghan
06-22-2007, 09:07 AM
LOL Sparkie!! I was wondering when someone was going to pounce on that one!! :D
Awesome job, Meghan! That's a huge vehicle! Is that your Expy in the background? So you have an Expy and a Suburban?! $$$ gassing them up!
Pounce he did! Yes that is the Expedition in the rear... cant let go of it just yet!:o

Bob Who
06-22-2007, 09:13 AM
Wheel wells look kinda dry !!!!!!

Other than that Heck of Job Meghan !!!

ehuth1
06-22-2007, 09:26 AM
Adam Brooks...as far as directional tread, yes the tires are going the wrong way. On the other hand the wheels as you stated can rotate either direction. And that guy is a gal :)

ehuth1
06-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Good detailing is not cheap. Cheap detailing is not good.

I love that ^^