PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable 110v to 220v?

Beemerboy
06-22-2007, 06:36 AM
Hi Guys

First post:D . So i live in South Africa and we don't have very many car care products and even fewer decent products. so i want to get myself a PC but the problem is, our outlet power is 220v compared to 110v that you guys have. Is there anyway that this will work?
I really want to get one with some products to get my car 100's.

6LS2
06-28-2007, 07:38 AM
Hey buddy,
Welcome to the AG Forum :) I had the same problem as you. I live in Australia and our power is 220V, and I wanted the PC-7424 also. After getting my first one, I used an adapter, and used it for about 10 minutes then it fried its self. You need a good power transformer. A power transformer will transform the 220V output to 110V. Make sure you get a good one, because cheap ones can stuff your PC up still.

Here's my transformer

http://i8.tinypic.com/53pfybm.jpg

Hope this helps.

6LS2

Al-53
06-28-2007, 07:49 AM
There is a PC equivalent coming out in 220V version..it is called the Ultimate detailing machine....the 220v model is suppose to be out in July or August..not real sure...

but this is the new machine

Ultimate Detailing Machine™ Dual Action Orbital PolisherFree Bonus! (http://www.autogeek.net/udm-ultimate-detailing-machine.html)

in the long run it will be cheaper..no transformer needed......

It may be worth the wait and save money....contact AG and see if they are going to get the 220V model....if they are you may be able to order now and get the discount..not sure...and recieve it when they arrive...

they have nice packages also..pads and polishes with them...nice deals....

AL

supercharged
06-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Hi Guys

First post:D . So i live in South Africa and we don't have very many car care products and even fewer decent products. so i want to get myself a PC but the problem is, our outlet power is 220v compared to 110v that you guys have. Is there anyway that this will work?
I really want to get one with some products to get my car 100's.
You could get a Cyclo that operates on 220v.