PDA

View Full Version : Tony spots on hood (part duex)

Harry Da Hamster
10-31-2013, 12:36 AM
Got these little suckers all over the entire vehicle. Vehicles in question are new Hondas, never left the lot. Multiple vehicles. They were shipped in recently. They were inspected during arrival and no spots were detected at that time. Sat for a short while at a storage lot near the shore in a commercial district. Ports are a few miles away. Airport/light industrial area is 6 miles away. No real crazy pollution. Always gets a fresh sea breeze. Kinda puzzled what it is, but more importantly how to get rid of it. Unfortunately i think it cannot be corrected since i can feel it (though barely, took me a while to tell if i could feel it) with the tip of my finger nail but i'd love to be proven wrong. Any insight or suggestions?

BlkHemiLTD
10-31-2013, 01:05 AM
Wow thats a lot of swirls for a new car as well. I would try some detailing clay to see if it removes it or maybe a cleaner polish like DP prep or something along those lines.

Harry Da Hamster
10-31-2013, 01:10 AM
Yep typical crappy dealership washes. It's definitely not an "above surface bonded contaminant" so i don't think clay would take care of that. But i'll try it for shits and giggles.

BlkHemiLTD
10-31-2013, 01:14 AM
If you can feel it and its not above surface then its like little chips? Other than some sort of contamination I would probably assume its a paint issue maybe a piant savvy person can chime in on some type of defect from a bad paint job.

jrs1418
10-31-2013, 02:21 AM
Dont these car get shipped in with plastic on it thats removed during PDI?? Its safe to say something got on it where it sat in storage afer PDI. A mild paint cleaner or AIO should remove it.

HateSwirls
10-31-2013, 06:04 AM
Shouldn't the dealership make this good?

BlkHemiLTD
11-07-2013, 10:59 AM
What happened with this? Did you get it figured out?

Vegas Transplant
11-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Got these little suckers all over the entire vehicle. Vehicles in question are new Hondas, never left the lot. Multiple vehicles. They were shipped in recently. They were inspected during arrival and no spots were detected at that time. Sat for a short while at a storage lot near the shore in a commercial district. Ports are a few miles away. Airport/light industrial area is 6 miles away. No real crazy pollution. Always gets a fresh sea breeze. Kinda puzzled what it is, but more importantly how to get rid of it. Unfortunately i think it cannot be corrected since i can feel it (though barely, took me a while to tell if i could feel it) with the tip of my finger nail but i'd love to be proven wrong. Any insight or suggestions?

My guess would be bird crap etchings.
Are you a dealer detailer?

On second thought I take that back. But still etchings of some sort.