PDA

View Full Version : Starting a business

vincew
10-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Hello All,

I am wondering about starting a detailing business. I'm in the Central Valley of California and i have seen a number of Shops come and go within 6 months to 1 year. I am looking for some help , advice and general direction. I appreciate all your opinions in advance!

Thanks

Evan.J
10-30-2013, 10:23 PM
What is your experience level in detailing?'

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/27827-few-tips-starting-part-time-detailing-business.html
How to make money detailing cars - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/)

Is your area a flooded market?

What will be your target market?

Can your market support another detailer?

What is your goal?

What are shops around you charging and offering for services?

Go to the search tab and search the word "Business" You will yield a ton of results.

And finally welcome to the forum!

Detailing by M
10-30-2013, 10:52 PM
go mobil, part time, slowly build your rig and your clientel.
Those shops are out of business because they did it wrong.
Go slow, keep your regular job until Detailing can support you.

thebamboo23
10-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Hello All,

I am wondering about starting a detailing business. Production or high end? focus on paint correction or interior work? what are local detailers pushing?

I'm in the Central Valley of California and i have seen a number of Shops come and go within 6 months to 1 year seems like youre talking about production type detailing shops. what about the pro detailers that have been around for years? look into those guys. I am looking for some help , advice and general direction. I appreciate all your opinions in advance!

Thanks

there is a lot to learn.. pick up Rennys book, attend classes, practice on family/friends car, learn to take quality pics, business plan, know what you want, etc

vincew
11-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Thanks for all the advice!

pikiki
11-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Learn all techniques you can, read as much as your time will let you about products, tools and equipment.
I started at home a few months ago (have previous experience) in a new area so I create my facebook page, let your friends know what you doing now so they are aware. Study the marketing like the other guy just stated and make sure to listen the ones with more experience. Good luck, oh!!! in my particular case I pray God for direction all the way.

Pureshine
11-03-2013, 09:00 PM
It takes time to build a detail business it will not happen over night. Before you start doing any kind of paint correction on a customers car practice on your car or an old hood. If you do quality work business will come.