PDA

View Full Version : DP vs Wolfgang vs Pinnacle

rouxster
10-30-2013, 12:25 PM
Newbie here, but from what I understand, all three of these product lines are made by AG, correct? What is the difference between each product line?

ArkayoDeetayo
10-30-2013, 12:32 PM
DP = best value, often overlooked but works great
WG = most high tech, expensive, latest
Pinnacle = up there with Wolfgang, best item in this line is Souveran Wax and Liquid Souveran

Jaretr1
10-30-2013, 01:46 PM
All of the house brands have different origins, and different chemical make ups (or at least originally they did). You can read the history of the brands on their respective landing pages.

For instance, Pinnacle is an all American certified made in USA brand based on natural ingredients. Wolfgang uses German polymers and was originally formulated by a chemist named Wolfgang. DP is a line that is geared towards professional detailers. And then Blackfire is a line they acquired and revamped which is based on a proprietary polymer formula. There is some similarity and quite a bit of overlap among some of the products. Overall, I have not been dissapionted with any AG product and use many of them often on my vehicles, including Fuzion, XMT Spray Wax, DP Auto shampoo to name a few.

rouxster
10-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Thanks. That explains a lot. I've only placed one order so far and I'm not disappointed in any of the Pinnacle or DP products I have got so far. I'm about to do the clay treatment and the Wolfgang swirl remover on my wife's 05 Accord that hasn't been waxed in about 5 years.

Ryan