PDA

View Full Version : Cat Spray (funny to me)

Tex Star Detail
06-21-2007, 09:20 PM
I received a call from a lady, who needed the interior of her Explorer detailed. Why? Cat Spray. Said her husband took in a stray, and not the truck stunk.

I get to the vehicle, and yes, strong odor. I get to detailing the interior. Scrub everything down, windows, dress the vinyl/plastic, vac, and shampoo the seats and carpet. I let the vehicle run with the doors closed while I worked on the floor mats. I wanted to see if it still stunk when I opened it back up, which it did not. Inside done!

While working on the mats, I had the smell hit me. It was coming from the mat that I took out from the passenger side rear. I worked my arse off on it.

I put all the mats in, EXCEPT that one. I treated it over and over, so it was wet.
Nobody was home, so I called the lady on her cell phone. I told her I was leaving that mat out to dry. When she gets home, open the SUV and see if it smelled good enough. I told her the mat I left out may have been the culprit and to see if it still smelled. I did not hear anything back from her, but received this email today. I thought it was humorous....

Chris,
Thanks for cleaning our Explorer yesterday. We're very pleased with the results.
Had to share some funny info. When I told my husband that you left the one mat out because you thought it might be the source of the problem he got the strangest expression on his face. It was somewhere between "I could've had a V8" and total embarassment. This whole thing started when we kidnapped a stray (we mistakenly thought it was our cat that had run away). We were scratched/bit by it so we had to keep it 10 days (for possible rabies) so we took it to a kennel. Apparently my husband thought it would be a good idea to give the cat something soft/warm to lay on at the kennel. Yes, the car mat. How funny (and embarassing) that the whole car smell problem resulted from his intentional act. I have NO idea why he didn't think of this before now - or didn't throw the mat out when we got the cat out of the kennel but it all came together yesterday evening. So, the cat was neutered and released back into the neighborhood and our car smells great again - thanks to you!!!
Maybe you should become a detective????
Thanks again,
Rxxx Pxxxxxx

just thought I'd share....

sparkie
06-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Wow, that was funny and true too..... Detective Chris

Gary Sword
06-21-2007, 09:32 PM
There must be some moral to the story. Give cat floor mat so it can do a number on it. Put floor mat back in car and wonder why car smells. That's a tough one. :D

Gnarboots11
06-21-2007, 10:54 PM
cat spray is the worst!!!

JBs
06-22-2007, 02:16 AM
Mmmmmm.... Cat Spray.

klumzypinoy
06-22-2007, 02:42 AM
LOL, great detective work!! There's this really cool Nintendo DS game called Pheonix Wright, it's a game where you're a defense lawyer and you do some detective work. It is pretty fun :)

Is the lady a new customer? If she is, hopefully she comes back to you :D