PDA

View Full Version : Really???

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

DetailKitty
10-29-2013, 11:21 AM
Ok, I know Adams products have been mentioned on here before. I don't have any and I don't plan on getting any. I read on here and choose what sounds the best for my needs and what everyone reviews well.

Anyway, this D-bag at work is part of the Adams cult. He CONSTANTLY gets packages from them sent here to work (is that really necessary?). And he is one of those, "my stuff is awesome and yours is a turd" about everything.

Today he got another package from them. I find an Adams brochure on my desk. So I ask him if he put it there... he says, "Yes, you need to learn the right products to get for your car".... um, seriously?

He's lucky we are at work :bash::mad::bat:

Mike Phillips
10-29-2013, 11:25 AM
That's an interesting story...

I find most people like to buy but hate being sold... there's a difference. Here's some advice that has worked well for me over the years,

Always take the high road...

Just like water off a duck's back, let it roll...

:xyxthumbs:

Klasse Act
10-29-2013, 11:26 AM
I can't believe the guy is that pushy, especially with you! Has he really looked at your car? I'm willing to bet its always clean and the paint looks great, so why would he do this? Btw, what does he drive?

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Evan.J
10-29-2013, 11:29 AM
LOL Very funny but IMO its not always about the product, its about the application, use, and most impotant technique.

When it comes to products everything has a purpose and every company has a product for a purpose. Its all in how you use said product and the technique you use to get the desired end result.

If he likes Adam's then thats his choice nothing wrong with that. You like all the great stuff found here nothing wrong with that either. I bet you both could get the same end result with two different products.

Saying goes:
"Find something you like and use it often!" - Mike Phillips

Alby
10-29-2013, 11:30 AM

+ 1 Let it roll man!

DetailKitty
10-29-2013, 11:32 AM
That's an interesting story...

I find most people like to buy but hate being sold... there's a difference. Here's some advice that has worked well for me over the years,

:xyxthumbs:

Don't worry Mike- I usually do. I just ignored what he said.

I can't believe the guy is that pushy, especially with you! Has he really looked at your car? I'm willing to bet its always clean and the paint looks great, so why would he do this? Btw, what does he drive?

Trust me, if you knew this guy it would not surprise you... he has an opinion for everyone and everything.
My car doesn't impress him- it's just a slow 4-cyl car.
He drives an SRT8.
It's always big words from a 32 year-old who still lives with his parents and pays someone to detail his car 90% of the time. :laughing:

JSou
10-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Lmfao. What a tool.

Pureshine
10-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Yep now that I'm old abd have my own detailng business I always taking the high raid not worth my time dealing with people like that.

swanicyouth
10-29-2013, 11:47 AM
You got to wonder about a guy that will only buy one brand. I always think people like this are sheep or really don't have a fundamental understanding of what they are doing.

I'm sure Adam's products work fine, but the prices are sick. I'm far from being cheap, but I can't see buying their stuff when I can get Menz, CarPro, Optimum, Ultima, Sonax, Prima, Poor Boys,1Z, and the PBMG brands for less. You can't tell me Adam's stuff is better than the best from those top brands.

Klasse Act
10-29-2013, 12:07 PM
SRT8 what?

32 yrs old and living at home w/ his parents, maybe down grade the expensive ride and the gas that surely goes into it, try some other detailing products that are cheaper and better and then he'd have some money to be able to take his g/f somewhere after dinner....catch my drift, LOL!

Dombey
10-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Go get a local Realtor's brochure, and leave it on his desk...along with a KBB printout for what his SRT8 is worth in a private sale.
If he asks, tell him "it's about time you learn about living like an adult"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

DetailKitty
10-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Go get a local Realtor's brochure, and leave it on his desk...along with a KBB printout for what his SRT8 is worth in a private sale.
If he asks, tell him "it's about time you learn about living like an adult"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Lol he was supposedly looking for a house at one point but stopped. We all think he realized all his money would go to adult bills and bailed.

SRT8 what?

32 yrs old and living at home w/ his parents, maybe down grade the expensive ride and the gas that surely goes into it, try some other detailing products that are cheaper and better and then he'd have some money to be able to take his g/f somewhere after dinner....catch my drift, LOL!

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

I don't need to explain this to this guy. He's a lost cause.
He bought their $250 Limited Edition Wax in an aluminum container. He brought it in to show everyone. When I asked what type of wax it was, what were the ingredients, how did it work, etc. all he could say was, "I don't know but it came in a really cool container"........ ### :bash:

Sorry for the rant guys.... I usually let this stuff go.... But he had the nerve to leave a freaking brochure on my desk! MY desk.
He's lucky I can bite my tongue.

JSou
10-29-2013, 12:44 PM
You got to wonder about a guy that will only buy one brand. I always think people like this are sheep or really don't have a fundamental understanding of what they are doing.

I'm sure Adam's products work fine, but the prices are sick. I'm far from being cheap, but I can't see buying their stuff when I can get Menz, CarPro, Optimum, Ultima, Sonax, Prima, Poor Boys,1Z, and the PBMG brands for less. You can't tell me Adam's stuff is better than the best from those top brands.

Amen.

WantcarPerfect
10-29-2013, 01:20 PM
Wow DetailKitty, maybe you should wash your Mini and go for a long ride to forget him. You have always been so nice on the forum I hate to see some uninformed Jerk upsetting you. He is probable upset because you know more about detailing than he does.

DetailKitty
10-29-2013, 01:23 PM
It's all good.... just needed the rant.

The sad thing is he probably is trying to be nice and do me a favor by "showing me the way".

:buffing: