PDA

View Full Version : chevy avalanche...

Jay Laub
06-21-2007, 07:08 PM
a friend of mine got a chevy avalanche the first year they came out. all of the trim, even on the panels covering the bed in the back, is gray and it looked great when he got it. since then, it has really faded, and especially the top panels look really faded(this was the only year that the trim was made gray for that very reason). he went to the dealer to see if they could redye it or paint it, but had no luck.

i found something called plastic renew on properautocare.com but i dont know how well it works. anybody have any reviews for that or other products i can use?

Jay Laub
06-21-2007, 07:16 PM
i almost forgot.. does anybody know about the clearcoat on the chevrolets? there are alot of surface scratches on the body.

Al-53
06-21-2007, 07:26 PM
GM was using a product called Gator back to fix the trim fade....its a dye....they were doing it under warranty for awhile then stopped.....but google the gator back system

here is the link to the dye.... Welcome to GatorBack: Home of Automotive Plastic Restoration Products (http://www.gatorbackcoatings.com/)

sorry for the link..just trying to help the guy....

this is what is made for correcting the trim on the AVAlanche

Al

Jay Laub
06-21-2007, 07:36 PM
thanks alot AL