PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Honda CRV

B53x11
10-28-2013, 02:11 PM
This is a Honda that got a paint correction detail and is now ready for the winter.

Nickstradamus
10-28-2013, 03:02 PM
What products did you use? Well kept for a 98.

B53x11
10-28-2013, 04:15 PM
all CG stuff. Scratch & Swirl Remover, EZ Creme Glaze, Extreme Top Coat and dressed everything with VRP. undercarriage got Bare Bones. cleaned the inside with InnerClean and dressed with VRP. spot cleaned seats and floor mats with White Lightning. Used a Porter Cable 7424xp with Lake Country flat pads (orange, blue, and black).

paint was pretty dead/dull and had no protection on it at all.

wdmaccord
10-28-2013, 04:21 PM
Nice. How the heck did you fix that bumper?

B53x11
10-28-2013, 04:26 PM
got it nice and hot and got my hand behind it and popped it out. you have to do it a little bit at a time. start with the easier stuff on the edge and work your way in. after it was completely popped back out, i kept the heat on it and tried to continue to re-shape it to the original shape. i'm just an amateur at this but it was the second one i've done and had success both times. it's good to have a helper too.

i just used a hairdryer but a heat gun would work too. probably need to be a little more careful with the heat gun though.

wdmaccord
10-28-2013, 04:29 PM
got it nice and hot and got my hand behind it and popped it out. you have to do it a little bit at a time. start with the easier stuff on the edge and work your way in. after it was completely popped back out, i kept the heat on it and tried to continue to re-shape it to the original shape. i'm just an amateur at this but it was the second one i've done and had success both times. it's good to have a helper too.

i just used a hairdryer but a heat gun would work too. probably need to be a little more careful with the heat gun though.

:dblthumb2:

Fast Eddie
10-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Nice job on the CRV, every time I get a phone call about detailing a CRV, I know what to expect, because every CRV I have ever detailed has been totally trashed and hammered, both inside and out.

B53x11
10-29-2013, 09:19 AM
spot cleaned seats and floor mats with White Lightning.

oops. that should be Lightning Fast stain remover instead of White Lightning. :doh: