PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless Wash Newbie, Need a little help

Pages : [1] 2

MoparAddict
10-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Hey Everyone,

So the cold mornings are starting to arrive here in Nor Cal. This winter i would like to start offering rinseless washes to my customers. It would be nice working in a warm garage and being able to feel my fingers as well as saving some time. This is still new to me, i have only used ONR on my own vehicles a few times and only when they arent very dirty. I will be putting in a order this afternoon, so before i order i would like to get some input from you guys.
So a few questions. First what rinseless wash product do you recommend/ like the most? Im looking at the ONRWW, Chemical Guys EcoSmart, or Pinnacle Liquid Crystal. I will look anything though, just looking for something that is very slick to help keep the finishes marr free as possible.
Next, do you use guys use microfibers, sponges, wash mitts ect to wash with? In your experience what have you had the best results with?
When doing doing a rinseless wash, what do you guys do about cleaning the wheels, inner wheel barrels, tires, and fender wheels?
Sorry about all the questions. I would just like to get a good understanding before i go diving into it. Im only going to recommed this to well maintained vehicles, i imagine there is a point where a car is to dirty for rinseless. Also any tips on do's and dont's would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
Trevor

FUNX650
10-28-2013, 11:56 AM
I prefer Waterless-Washes/QD-ing myself.

I've seen where some folks use what I call "hybrid-wash methods"...
Where they are utilizing both Waterless, and Rinseless Washes, for vehicles' wash-sessions.

Having plenty of clean MF towels on hand is a given.

:)

Bob

Eric@CherryOnTop
10-28-2013, 12:09 PM
I use ONR and actually prefer it to a 2bm even when the weather is beautiful. It's so much quicker and easier. I was skeptical about the process at first like many, I'm sure, but once I saw some YouTube vids of people doing a rinse less on exotics I decided I should give it a try.

I use the Garry Dean Method (search for that on YouTube). I use the super plush 800gsm towels, the ones that are gray on one side blue on the other. I use 4-6 towels per car. For wheels, just use separate towels and a separate bucket for the wash solution. Once you're done with a towel put in somewhere clean and wash them all when you're done. If you use a bucket that has a lid you can save the leftover wash solution for next time.b

Yes, there is a point where a car is too dirty for a rinse less, you can just bring it to the self service car wash and foam it and hit it with he high pressure wash, then bring it home and rinse less wash it.

Also, Eco smart is a waterless wash, meant to be sprayed on dry paint then wiped off a little different that a rinse less, but similar in theory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

MoparAddict
10-28-2013, 02:55 PM

Where they are utilizing both Waterless, and Rinseless Washes, for vehicles' wash-sessions.

Bob

Im kind of leaning using both waterless and rinseless like you mentioned.
What waterless wash do you use?

Thanks,
Trevor

I use ONR and actually prefer it to a 2bm even when the weather is beautiful. It's so much quicker and easier. I was skeptical about the process at first like many, I'm sure, but once I saw some YouTube vids of people doing a rinse less on exotics I decided I should give it a try.

I use the Garry Dean Method (search for that on YouTube). I use the super plush 800gsm towels, the ones that are gray on one side blue on the other. I use 4-6 towels per car. For wheels, just use separate towels and a separate bucket for the wash solution. Once you're done with a towel put in somewhere clean and wash them all when you're done. If you use a bucket that has a lid you can save the leftover wash solution for next time.b

Yes, there is a point where a car is too dirty for a rinse less, you can just bring it to the self service car wash and foam it and hit it with he high pressure wash, then bring it home and rinse less wash it.

Also, Eco smart is a waterless wash, meant to be sprayed on dry paint then wiped off a little different that a rinse less, but similar in theory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

I have a ton of microfibers but im going to order the two sided ones you mention. Are you using ONR or ONRWW?

Thanks,
Trevor

creaky
10-28-2013, 05:32 PM

Yes, there is a point where a car is too dirty for a rinse less, you can just bring it to the self service car wash and foam it and hit it with he high pressure wash, then bring it home and rinse less wash it.[/URL]

Thanks for posting this - it will be most helpful during our oncoming upstate winter!

07gtcs
10-29-2013, 11:26 AM
My two favorite Rinseless wash's are ONR and Blackfire, can't really seem to tel the difference.

MoparAddict
10-29-2013, 12:54 PM
My two favorite Rinseless wash's are ONR and Blackfire, can't really seem to tel the difference.

Awesome. I decided to go with ONR and ONRWW. I figured if I need to presoak I'll use ONR then I'll use ONRWW

2shiny
10-29-2013, 01:53 PM
you can also choose Meguiars Rinseless wash D155 I think, or Dodo Juice Low en Eau (wouldn't recommend it as a glass cleaner) or Wolf's Chemicals Mean Green Wash & Wipe.

I use 2 BM with rinseless and a chenille mf mitt or a MF bone mitt.
Have a look on youtube, there is a video ( 2 parts) where Mike Phillips explains the rinseless, some mitts you can use, and demostrates... very helpfull

Lowejackson
10-29-2013, 02:34 PM
I have tried various things like MF (noodle) mitts, sponges etc with ONR and what worked best for me was the noodle mitts however I would suspect there is a large degree of preference when it comes to mitts. So, I would suggest just trying a few different mitts to see which you prefer

Pre-spraying with ONR really does help and only adds a few minutes to the process

MoparAddict
10-29-2013, 03:18 PM
you can also choose Meguiars Rinseless wash D155 I think, or Dodo Juice Low en Eau (wouldn't recommend it as a glass cleaner) or Wolf's Chemicals Mean Green Wash & Wipe.

I use 2 BM with rinseless and a chenille mf mitt or a MF bone mitt.
Have a look on youtube, there is a video ( 2 parts) where Mike Phillips explains the rinseless, some mitts you can use, and demostrates... very helpfull
I looked up Mikes videos and some others. Very helpful!

I have tried various things like MF (noodle) mitts, sponges etc with ONR and what worked best for me was the noodle mitts however I would suspect there is a large degree of preference when it comes to mitts. So, I would suggest just trying a few different mitts to see which you prefer

Pre-spraying with ONR really does help and only adds a few minutes to the process

I did exactly that. Order a few different ones to try out. Although I think i'll end up using the noodles like you said. Seems like it would pick and hold dirt well.

Lowejackson
10-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Here is a long thread about ONR which may (or may not ) help ONR - a General Guide and FAQ - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=195294)

glen e
10-29-2013, 05:29 PM
1 bucket - 10 microfibers - duragloss rinseless - garry dean

perfect every time....

HateSwirls
10-29-2013, 06:14 PM
I bought a couple of bottles of Turtle Wax RW to see if I'd liked it.
Well after using it just one time I went out and bought many bottles, the stuff works and very well.
All for $6.00 a bottle at Wal-Mart.

Truly and amazing product by TW, yes, TW:dblthumb2:
Give it a try, if you don't like it well you didn't lose a lot of money on it, if you do like it then you found yourself a great deal on a RW product:dblthumb2:

Old Tiger
10-29-2013, 07:09 PM

Bob

I am one of the guys Bob is referring to. My Waterless of choice is Ultima WW+. I keep a 2 gallon garden sprayer of this stuff available at all times. It is also a superb Rinseless when adding an oz to 3 gal water. ONR is my other favorite.
I spray UWW+ liberally over the whole car. If the car is very dirty, I will hose it down first. I use the awesome Microfiber Madness IncrediSponge as the wash media. It has no rival. I blot dry with a Mothers Foam core MF and do a final wipe with a Microfiber Madness Drive Me Crazy. I do the vehicle from top down. I save the wheels and tires for last. Wheel Woolies work the best with rinseless after heavy pre-soak with UWW+. I use any old microfiber sponge and towels for this part. I am a coatings guy so I don't use any of the wash & wax products so I cant comment on them.

Dogfather
10-29-2013, 09:19 PM
I also use UWW+ as a pre-soak. I always followed it with ONR V2 until I tried the UWW+ in rinseless dilution. I was about to replace my almost empty gal. of ONR with BF Rinseless, but I can't see how anything could be better than the UWW+. BTW, utilizing GDWM I can do my whole car with one gal. of wash solution. That's just 2 tsps. of UWW+ concentrate.