PDA

View Full Version : Business Proposition to Local Dealership

KJW Detailing
10-28-2013, 11:20 AM
Good Afternoon Geeks!

Mobile detailing here in the northeast is quickly coming to an end for me. This however, begins the time for processing, planning, and implementing next years detailing season. We all know the wows of dealership (production style) detailing. Been their and done that. I however though of an opportunity for one local dealership and I'm wondering how to go about making such a sales pitch.

Currently, I'm an authorized opti-coat pro installer, although I've also just began conversations with another company offering a similar product. Regardless of what coating I'm using...I'm interested in going up to a local Chevrolet Dealership and meeting with the GM.

Offer: Coating Services only on the "NEW" Sting Rays and maybe a select specialty Camaro.

Exclusivity: If he paid me my current prices for coating, I could offer exclusivity which in turn gives him the benefit of offering something no other Chevy dealership is in the area.

What do you think? What are some other things I should be asking myself?

Also, I have a good friend that works their and has told me the GM is young and a good guy, so at the least he would listen to the pitch.

Thanks!

motoo344
10-28-2013, 12:30 PM
Good Afternoon Geeks!

Mobile detailing here in the northeast is quickly coming to an end for me. This however, begins the time for processing, planning, and implementing next years detailing season. We all know the wows of dealership (production style) detailing. Been their and done that. I however though of an opportunity for one local dealership and I'm wondering how to go about making such a sales pitch.

Currently, I'm an authorized opti-coat pro installer, although I've also just began conversations with another company offering a similar product. Regardless of what coating I'm using...I'm interested in going up to a local Chevrolet Dealership and meeting with the GM.

Offer: Coating Services only on the "NEW" Sting Rays and maybe a select specialty Camaro.

Exclusivity: If he paid me my current prices for coating, I could offer exclusivity which in turn gives him the benefit of offering something no other Chevy dealership is in the area.

What do you think? What are some other things I should be asking myself?

Also, I have a good friend that works their and has told me the GM is young and a good guy, so at the least he would listen to the pitch.

Thanks!

I am interested in this as well. Jersey is a great location for that sort of thing, tons of dealers down that way. I have been working on a similar idea as I have every major car brand within a few minutes of my house. I know there are a few detailers but from what I can tell no one offers this within 45 or so minutes.

I think the biggest pitch is, how can you add value to their product already. Gotta make them see how its beneficial to them.

dcjredline
10-28-2013, 12:35 PM
I think its worth asking.

Flash Gordon
10-28-2013, 12:50 PM
It might show you take your profession seriously by providing proof you are a Authorized Installer of Opti-Coat, but I doubt he will be super impressed. I'm sure they already offer a similar coating

Are you trying to get them to lease you a bay?

CLEARBLUE
10-28-2013, 01:52 PM
I work at a large Chevrolet Cadillac dealer and they have some "lifetime" protection they call The Treatment. It's basically a jug of off the shelf stuff they sell for around $400. I've seen the guys rinse a car off and spray it on, then they give the customer some to take home, for further protection.

Of course this is a vendor/dealer relationship and that's always hard to break.

Best of luck and if they are smart they'll go for it.

KJW Detailing
10-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Going to try my best and answer everyone's questions...

motto344...this area is littered with car dealerships, however I'm not interested in offering this to the masses of dealerships. Id like to keep it to a select few and maybe select vehicles within the dealership.

flash gordon and clearblue...what dealership doesn't offer some sort of fraudulent lifetime protection. I want to see if one will actually invest in a product that does what it claims as far as protection. I have no desire in renting or leasing a bay from them.

motoo344
10-28-2013, 06:05 PM
Going to try my best and answer everyone's questions...

motto344...this area is littered with car dealerships, however I'm not interested in offering this to the masses of dealerships. Id like to keep it to a select few and maybe select vehicles within the dealership.

flash gordon and clearblue...what dealership doesn't offer some sort of fraudulent lifetime protection. I want to see if one will actually invest in a product that does what it claims as far as protection. I have no desire in renting or leasing a bay from them.

It would be difficult to keep up by doing it a bigger scale, the exclusivity is key. My point was you have a lot of options, even if you want to cater to a certain type of vehicle there are multiple options.

Detail-Impressions
10-28-2013, 08:45 PM
KJ,
Go for it sir, what do you have to lose?

In my town no dealer will pay $395.00 for any coating they have their $39.00 coating they sell for $795.00 with 5 years warranty.
Dealers are cheap and want max profit.

Hope your idea works well for you, sir!
$400.00 a unit would be very nice!

In Full disclosure I am no longer a Pro Opti-Coat installer.
Optimum fixed the Pro price. With a nice increase of cost, pasted it on to the installer and fixed the installers min. price of $395.00.