PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy's APC

hipps78
10-27-2013, 11:46 PM
I just received some Poorboy's Bio-Degradable All purpose cleaner and degreaser. My plan was to mix some up for a few different areas: tires, interior, engine. The label lists the following:

1:1 engines
7:1 carpet/upholstery
15:1 leather/vinyl/tires

I am assuming for the carpet example it means 7 parts water to 1 part APC, correct? If so, my real question is I would think tires would need something stronger than the seats. What am I missing here?

Also, if anyone has any other good uses feel free to chime in

artofdetailing
10-27-2013, 11:51 PM
use undiluted on tires...this is a great APC btw it cleans just about anything you can think of

hipps78
10-27-2013, 11:53 PM
Perfect. I was thinking that was too weak for the tires.

rjd598
10-28-2013, 01:33 AM
Yea that makes no sense. If it's safe for leather I don't think you'll see much of a difference than just using soap and water on your tires

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
10-28-2013, 10:23 AM
Yes the dilution ratios are Water : APC

Stains in carpet, believe it or not, are much harder to remove than the crud on your tires.

Just remember those dilution ratios are not written in stone, they are just starting points =)

It can be fine tuned to your needs or you can do what I do and just pour some in a bottle and say yea that looks good and fill the rest with water haha. Has not let me down yet ;)

Full strength Poorboy's World APC is certainly a force to be reckon with!

-Chris

slimnib
10-28-2013, 10:39 AM
I just received some Poorboy's Bio-Degradable All purpose cleaner and degreaser. My plan was to mix some up for a few different areas: tires, interior, engine. The label lists the following:

1:1 engines
7:1 carpet/upholstery
15:1 leather/vinyl/tires

I am assuming for the carpet example it means 7 parts water to 1 part APC, correct? If so, my real question is I would think tires would need something stronger than the seats. What am I missing here?

Also, if anyone has any other good uses feel free to chime in

Be careful, leather, rubber and vinyl are similar in chemical make up. I would not change the recommend mix with out calling them, just to be sure.