PDA

View Full Version : High School Cheerleader Car Wash violates environmental laws

Real Riders
10-27-2013, 11:10 AM
High school cheerleader car wash violates enviromental laws | The Daily Caller (http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/25/high-school-cheerleader-car-wash-violates-environmental-laws/)

Real Riders
10-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Time to go waterless!!

FUNX650
10-27-2013, 11:29 AM
Time to go waterless!!
If they had named their charity event:
"Washing Our Way To The Tops".

I'd of cheered for that!
Others may have as well.

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/woot.gif

Bob

Audios S6
10-27-2013, 12:09 PM
While I agree that large scale operations like this can be detrimental. The spokes person's statement was a bit misleading, and the environmental department's stance is a bit jaded.

They suggest that any water that hits a storm drain goes right to a creek. Not the case for any new development which would have an infiltration practice prior to discharging to a larger rate control pond prior to a waterway. That being the case, the discharge to an infiltration practice would be no different than washing on gravel or grass.

It's my personal opinion that places like gas stations and fast food drive-throughs are far worse hot spots than a one time car wash. Consider the number of vehicles idled, leaking oil, coolant or AC condensate (according to their statement, AC condensate is not storm/rain water an would be considered a pollutant). Time to shut off your car's AC all you San Jose residents.

BlackHawk
10-27-2013, 12:16 PM
i saw one comment where someone was crying over the fact athat they have to pay $20 at a local car wash the get their car washed....i actually LOLed a little bit haha

ziggo99
10-28-2013, 02:19 PM
"Or go to a designated neighborhood car wash, so it doesn’t go into the storm drain"
Boy, they'd hate my house on Saturday morning....

cardaddy
10-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Time to go waterless!!

Well I dunno' about 'waterless', but rinseless would certainly be an option. OTOH, if that poor young child in the photo at the top of the page is a HIGH SCHOOL cheerleader, I need a time machine to go back to the 70's. ;) They sure didn't build um' like that back then. :laughing:

Rmd
10-28-2013, 04:05 PM
I just saw this and thought the same thing Tony.
High school chicks didn't look like that when I was in high school. Timing is everything they say, and I missed out.

BillE
10-29-2013, 07:58 AM
Well I dunno' about 'waterless', but rinseless would certainly be an option. OTOH, if that poor young child in the photo at the top of the page is a HIGH SCHOOL cheerleader, I need a time machine to go back to the 70's. ;) They sure didn't build um' like that back then. :laughing:

High school chicks didn't look like that when I was in high school. Timing is everything they say, and I missed out.

It's gotta be those florescent lights...are they actually "grow lamps?"

Bill

cardaddy
10-29-2013, 01:56 PM

Yeah, and 'timing' that wouldn't be all bad. :laughing:

It's gotta be those florescent lights...are they actually "grow lamps?"

Bill

Caution: If your grow lamps cause extended growth in excess of four hours call your doctor. :rolleyes: (Pssst... after 4 hours have passed I'm calling the freaking news, and maybe that hot weather errrrr 'person'.) :laughing:

Romans5.8
10-29-2013, 02:00 PM
I always wondered if you couldn't just make your own 'homemade' filter (like a mesh bag filled with rocks and gravel and dirt) to lay in a storm drain opening. Probably wouldn't satisfy the regulations since they couldn't regulate; but wouldn't it accomplish the same goal as allowing the car wash to drain into your lawn?