PDA

View Full Version : I need help! wood stain overspray on my van

Rollie
06-21-2007, 03:21 PM
I had my van parked too close when I recently stained my cabin. Unfortunately, I have wood stain overspray all over my vehicle. It is on the painted finish, the windshield and windows, and on the plastic lenses of my headlights and signal lights. I screwed up big time and I am now looking for any information on how to safely get this overspray off. Any specific info on the removal of this overspray wood stain, or some directions as to where I might go to find some would be greatly appreciated. The specific stain that I have all over my van is "BEHR Weatherproofing Wood Sealer and Finish". Thanks,
Rollie

Al-53
06-21-2007, 03:46 PM
PM TexasTB..he just did a stain removal on a few cars that got the over spray...I believe he used a medium clay and maybe a solvent like prep sol..but best to get ahold of him..he will help you out

AL

Jimmie
06-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Rollie, Welcome to AG. Sorry to hear about your delima. Somebody on here will have some ideas to help you. You may want to call the customer service ph # on the Behr container because I'm guessing that they've run into this same situation. Then I'd post what they say before you do anything.

Tex Star Detail
06-21-2007, 09:02 PM
How long has it been on your van?
In that time, how hot has it been? (weather)
What color is the vehicle?

I had 3 vehicles a few months back, where there was deck/fence stain on them.
Here is the link...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/5181-crazy-over-spray-done.html

I used a medium duty clay, which took it all off. It was on everything. For the glass, I used a razorblade and glass cleaner......very carefully.

For the black car, it was baked on. The clay took it off, but it took some time. Afterwards, the vehicles needed polishing.
If you have plastic trim, try the clay, lightly.
If that does not work, use some diluted thinner. DO NOT let it dry. have a bucket of soapy water next to you. Once you go over it with the thinner, go over it with soapy water. Same with the tires.

Whatever clay did not remove for me, polishing did.
Good luck, and if you need any more info, just post or PM me...

-Chris