PDA

View Full Version : Rejex or Wolfgang DGPS?

Gearhead Jim
10-26-2013, 09:51 PM
We have a 2009 Corvette, Victory Red color with transparent top. The car is driven 15k-20k miles per year, garaged at home but spends 2-3 months parked outside, across the street from the ocean, in south Florida every winter.

I've been using Rejex, carefully applied to a clean/clayed car and wheels. It's easy to apply and the appearance is satisfactory, but does not last as long as some folks claim. Outside in Florida, I'd say it should be reapplied every two months or even more often.

My detailing guru has suggested Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
Comments on the internet suggest it might look a little better; but I mostly care about UV protection and durability, especially outside in Florida.

Do we have anyone who has used both, and can comment on the durability?
Thanks!

FUNX650
10-26-2013, 10:15 PM
We have a 2009 Corvette, Victory Red color with transparent top. The car is driven 15k-20k miles per year, garaged at home but spends 2-3 months parked outside, across the street from the ocean, in south Florida every winter.

I've been using Rejex, carefully applied to a clean/clayed car and wheels. It's easy to apply and the appearance is satisfactory, but does not last as long as some folks claim. Outside in Florida, I'd say it should be reapplied every two months or even more often.

My detailing guru has suggested Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
Comments on the internet suggest it might look a little better; but I mostly care about UV protection and durability, especially outside in Florida.

Do we have anyone who has used both, and can comment on the durability?
Thanks!
First:
:welcome:...to AGO!

Secondly...A Disclaimer:
Our vehicles aren't subjected to any Ocean-treatments...
(So...What follows can be taken with a grain of salt :D}

Next:
I've used both of these Sealants with excellent results...
with my nod going to Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

Also:
Don't let the intervals between you having to re-apply an LSP (Sealant or not) more often
under harsh environmental conditions befuddle the situation.

Out of curiosity:
-Who's your "Detailing Guru"?
-Is this one of his products?

http://www.detailinggurus.com/images/guruwax.jpg

Welcome aboard!!

:)

Bob

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-27-2013, 03:59 AM
Welcome to AGO.

I haven't used rejex but WGDGPS is an excellent sealant.

Gearhead Jim
10-27-2013, 08:13 PM
[Out of curiosity:
-Who's your "Detailing Guru"?
-Is this one of his products?

http://www.detailinggurus.com/images/guruwax.jpg

Welcome aboard!!

:)

Bob[/QUOTE]

He's a member here, but I won't "out" him without permission.

He doesn't sell anything, just uses what he thinks is best unless you specify something else.
In my case, I've asked him to use Rejex and he does, but suggested Wolfgang. His car is garaged and never sees the ocean; so he's kinda guessing about durability, just like I am.
:D