PDA

View Full Version : Cleaned Floor Mat Stripes

gohandbz8
06-21-2007, 01:52 PM
It seems like all the cleaned floor mats I see on this site are striped. Is there a reason for that or is it purely aesthetic for picture purposes?

Jimmie
06-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Most guys probably do it even if they're not taking pics. Just a nice finishing touch to an interior detail.

gohandbz8
06-21-2007, 02:47 PM
It really does add a nice touch to the interior. Next time I do the interior, I'll be sure to do that as well.

Sn95nik
06-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Just curious, but what do you guys use to get the carpet to lay like that? :confused: I've tried using the attachments on my shop-vac, and also putting them in with a scrub brush, but my stripes never seem to lay quite like the ones we see in all the pictures around here.

budman3
06-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Just curious, but what do you guys use to get the carpet to lay like that? :confused: I've tried using the attachments on my shop-vac, and also putting them in with a scrub brush, but my stripes never seem to lay quite like the ones we see in all the pictures around here.

I usually use Folex carpet cleaner and extract with a shop vac. With the carpet still damp you can use a 2-3" attachment and go back and forth on the carpet. Others also use a stiff brush and go back and forth ... still damp though.

Sn95nik
06-21-2007, 03:41 PM
still damp though.

This must be the key I'm missing. Thanks for the info. :Im the MAN:

Jimmie
06-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I agree with Budman. The carpet has to be damp to get the sharp lines. I sometimes rinse with a spray bottle of H2O so I've always got water handy. Just give it a few more squirts.

Gary Sword
06-21-2007, 06:50 PM
A lot of detailers do it for looks. The carpet does not have to be wet.