PDA

View Full Version : What's the best, most efficient 1 step?

Pages : [1] 2

Gsrjake
10-26-2013, 07:50 AM
I'm looking for a 1 step for correction that doesn't leave any defects a usual polish would have to clean up after. I'm trying to speed up my process in detailing. What do you think the best 1 step is that will provide great results?

jankerson
10-26-2013, 08:03 AM
That would be more pad dependent than product dependent.

Use a pad that is too aggressive then it will leave things that will need to be corrected by a polish.

You can use M105 with a Polishing pad and it will leave a great finish that will look polished good enough usually that you could go straight to a LSP if you wanted to.

Then go to M205 with a finishing pad then LSP.

Something to try anyway. :)

Or you could just go with M66 as an AIO and top it with an LSP if you wanted to.

Gsrjake
10-26-2013, 08:12 AM
That would be more pad dependent than product dependent.

Use a pad that is too aggressive then it will leave things that will need to be corrected by a polish.

You can use M105 with a Polishing pad and it will leave a great finish that will look polished good enough usually that you could go straight to a LSP if you wanted to.

Then go to M205 with a finishing pad then LSP.

Something to try anyway. :)

Or you could just go with M66 as an AIO and top it with an LSP if you wanted to.

That's actually a good idea but yeah I needa stay away from MF pads unless it's a two step then. I'm going to try that today thanks for the advice!

jankerson
10-26-2013, 08:16 AM
That's actually a good idea but yeah I needa stay away from MF pads unless it's a two step then. I'm going to try that today thanks for the advice!

Let me know how it works out for you because that what I do and it works for me. :) :xyxthumbs:

silverfox
10-26-2013, 08:16 AM
Wow another "best" thread. Everything is paint, environment , and experience related. Too many variables for any reasonable answer only guesses.

jankerson
10-26-2013, 08:22 AM
Wow another "best" thread. Everything is paint, environment , and experience related. Too many variables for any reasonable answer only guesses.

Yeah, true...

But one thing that isn't a variable is pad dependent and that was what I targeted.

Use the least aggressive pad to get the job done with a product that is known to leave a good finish while being aggressive enough to get it done.

Why add more work that one would really need?

If the pad one is using is too aggressive and leaves behind issues that need to be fixed then what's the point?

Then you have to add a step and take the time to fix the issues that pad caused and or take more time.

Gsrjake
10-26-2013, 09:01 AM

You're no help but thanks!

Kitoy22
10-26-2013, 09:59 AM
You can try D300 on a LC hydrotech tangerine pad if you need more cut just ease off on the last few passes so you'll finish nicely or Sonax perfect finish or Menz 2500 on the same pad.

Tried S3 gold earlier, great cut and can finish nicely too on a polishing pad, but not too glossy like sonax PF or a menz 2500

Pureshine
10-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Most of my 1steps are done with FG400 and MF pads. For soft paint I use D300 and MF pads. The only thing I can say too is that you can't count on one polish for everything.

jankerson
10-26-2013, 10:12 AM
Most of my 1steps are done with FG400 and MF pads. For soft paint I use D300 and MF pads. The only thing I can say too is that you can't count on one polish for everything.

I am sure you have your go to product, the one you usually grab 1st. :) :xyxthumbs:

That would be the one that you find works for the majority of situations.

Gsrjake
10-26-2013, 10:24 AM
You can try D300 on a LC hydrotech tangerine pad if you need more cut just ease off on the last few passes so you'll finish nicely or Sonax perfect finish or Menz 2500 on the same pad.

Tried S3 gold earlier, great cut and can finish nicely too on a polishing pad, but not too glossy like sonax PF or a menz 2500
Yeah I've been looking into d300 and sonax lately thanks man

Thanks for the advice and yes that is true just wanna know if there's an easier compound I don't know of

I am sure you have your go to product, the one you usually grab 1st. :) :xyxthumbs:

That would be the one that you find works for the majority of situations.
Yeah that's my situations I don't wanna buy 20+ products to find out that's why I'm asking on here for there advice

jankerson
10-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Yeah I've been looking into d300 and sonax lately thanks man

Thanks for the advice and yes that is true just wanna know if there's an easier compound I don't know of

Yeah that's my situations I don't wanna buy 20+ products to find out that's why I'm asking on here for there advice

I think you could stick with M105 and M205 for the most part and just change pads as needed depending on what you are doing or need to do.

M205 is likely one of the most versatile products around and can be used from defect correction to polishing to jeweling just by changing pads.

Pureshine
10-26-2013, 10:30 AM
My go to product is FG400 and MF pads.

jankerson
10-26-2013, 10:32 AM
My go to product is FG400 and MF pads.

Haven't tried the MF system yet.

Still liking M105 and M205. :D

Pureshine
10-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Haven't tried the MF system yet.

Still liking M105 and M205. :D

If you doing it as a business you really should they cut faster and save time. The key to using them is keeping them clean and cool.