PDA

View Full Version : DG #105 vs 4* UPP

Surfer
06-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Anybody use both want to compare, DG has durability hands down, but they both have that sharp, wet reflective look and UPP is supposed to be very slick as is #105. Evertime Scott mentions UPP it perks my interest especially polycharged (actually I want to see either polycharged). I generally just use waxes topping a glaze like CG's EZ-Creme or RMG even on white, I still have Poorboys EX-P but don't use a sealant much.

supercharged
06-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Anybody use both want to compare, DG has durability hands down, but they both have that sharp, wet reflective look and UPP is supposed to be very slick as is #105. Evertime Scott mentions UPP it perks my interest especially polycharged (actually I want to see either polycharged). I generally just use waxes topping a glaze like CG's EZ-Creme or RMG even on white, I still have Poorboys EX-P but don't use a sealant much.
Never tired UPP on white, but DG #105 looks awesome on white! very sharp and brite!!!

Surfer
06-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Wheres Killr when you need him????

ScottB
06-22-2007, 06:35 AM
Wheres Killr when you need him????

The Duragloss product I used, (white box/blue fluid) was nowhere near as slick as Four Star UPP. Four Star, on black is amazing as very reflective, very glossy, and initially very slick. The slickness falls off quite quickly however. Using the polycharger on UPP keeps the slickness apparent and keeps the beads more uniform longer. I have also found that UPP used alone with Zaino Z8 (oh, lord not that !) is also quite attractive and does the same but needs to be used weekly.

I hate to knock any product, as I get plenty of PM's denouncing me. I truly find the few Duragloss sealants to look like former Zaino offerings. If I wanted Zaino, then I would use the PRO line as truly steps above their original offerings. Remember, this is a personal observation, but one made while trying around 30+ sealants yearly in a quest to replace carnauba.

sparkie
06-22-2007, 07:07 AM
The Duragloss product I used, (white box/blue fluid) was nowhere near as slick as Four Star UPP. Four Star, on black is amazing as very reflective, very glossy, and initially very slick. The slickness falls off quite quickly however. Using the polycharger on UPP keeps the slickness apparent and keeps the beads more uniform longer. I have also found that UPP used alone with Zaino Z8 (oh, lord not that !) is also quite attractive and does the same but needs to be used weekly.

I hate to knock any product, as I get plenty of PM's denouncing me. I truly find the few Duragloss sealants to look like former Zaino offerings. If I wanted Zaino, then I would use the PRO line as truly steps above their original offerings. Remember, this is a personal observation, but one made while trying around 30+ sealants yearly in a quest to replace carnauba.

I believe that was the #111 you used and it dose have a great look. I fine #105 has oh so much more slickness. The #105 has more deepness and a wetter look than #111 IMO. I'm not putting down #111, I just like #105 better.

Surfer
06-22-2007, 11:40 AM

I hate to knock any product, as I get plenty of PM's denouncing me. I truly find the few Duragloss sealants to look like former Zaino offerings. If I wanted Zaino, then I would use the PRO line as truly steps above their original offerings. Remember, this is a personal observation, but one made while trying around 30+ sealants yearly in a quest to replace carnauba.I think you used the older #111 which yeh everyone said looked like the old Zanio offerings, kinda plasticky? I know #105 looks excellent from pics on here, really wet and deep for a sealant. #111 looked more glossy/plastic to me.

How does UPP with Polycharger topped with something a wax look?

ScottB
06-22-2007, 06:08 PM
I have the #105 but never got around to it, as so many new products are hitting weekly. I will make it a plan to use, maybe tomorrow night. #111 is not bad, and lasted, just not as slick as UPP as questioned.

When I use the polycharged UPP, I dont find a need to top. Its so damn glossy and slick it looks/feels like a carnauba. This and Z5Pro/Z8 are the closest to date and getting there, thus the need for Souveran Gold or Souveran Platnium Paste ....

Cheetah
06-23-2007, 12:55 AM
Hey Killr,
You usually don't top your UPP? I love UPP and use it often but to me on my red car it just seems to be asking to be topped with a carnauba.

ScottB
06-23-2007, 07:36 AM
before polycharger, I topped with Souveran. UPP/Souveran is a deadly combo. With polycharger and Z8 the combo looks great.