PDA

View Full Version : CarPro Wool Mitt too good for daily driver?

Dogfather
10-25-2013, 12:55 AM
Looking for a new mitt. The CarPro seems popular but I get the impression it might not be suitable for a car that gets pretty dirty in a week. Am I mistaken? If not, what's a better recommendation?

hernandez.art13
10-25-2013, 01:01 AM
What does the car go through every week? And what type of car and what is it used for?

Dogfather
10-25-2013, 01:34 AM
What does the car go through every week? And what type of car and what is it used for?

Just your basic ungaraged northeast commuter Subaru.

ArkayoDeetayo
10-25-2013, 01:36 AM
Lake Country Wash Wedge (http://www.autogeek.net/gold-wash-wedge.html)

silverfox
10-25-2013, 04:54 AM
Too good? Never heard a product being too good. If you don't care about inducing swirls and scratches then a Brillo pad will suffice as it's really inexpensive and cleans really well.

In all seriousness, get a CP wash mitt and don't feel guilty about it.

Dogfather
10-25-2013, 05:25 AM
Too good? Never heard a product being too good. If you don't care about inducing swirls and scratches then a Brillo pad will suffice as it's really inexpensive and cleans really well.

In all seriousness, get a CP wash mitt and don't feel guilty about it.

I might have worded that wrong. I thought maybe something that gentle used on people's dusty garage queens might not be substantial enough for heavier stuff. I try not to use too much pressure and let the mitt or sponge do the work. But you're right, I should just probably get it. Been looking at it for a while.

lyodbraun
10-25-2013, 08:23 AM
I just got me the car pro mitt have yet to use it, but it looks and feels great, just get one you will love it...

mjd91
10-25-2013, 08:44 AM
I use mine on my black daily driver.

Shortspark
10-25-2013, 09:32 AM
I love the CarPro Merino wool mitt and use it often. Of course my car is the ultimate garage queen. I try not to take it out when raining, it is never off road and spends every second when not being driven in the garage. It seldom gets even dusty. The few times it has gotten "dirty" I use a microfiber mitt instead. The wool mitt is for maintenance washes only.

hernandez.art13
10-25-2013, 09:42 AM
Yeah I say just get it. I like how SilverFox put it. "To good? Never heard of a product being to good"

:xyxthumbs:

AudiFL
10-25-2013, 09:47 AM
This is my go to mitt for my ungaraged Phantom Black Audi Q5 DD. :xyxthumbs:

daniellejorge
10-25-2013, 10:22 AM
I love my CP Wool Mitt, it only touches my car. The other ones I use Meguiar's microfiber mitt.

FUNX650
10-25-2013, 10:51 AM
RE: Merino Wool Mitts

Merino wool mitt

The wool mitt is for maintenance washes only .

Anyone that has the second edition of my how-to book in paperback, ebook or ibook form,
note that I show this type of wash mitt for maintaining a flawless finish,

that is after you've done all the correction and polishing work and finally have your car's paint to where you like it,

now is the time to start using a wash mitt like this one

and follow my tips for washing a nice finish as shared in the book.

:dblthumb2:
Based on wool mitts having their own merits for my intended purposes...
I gotta agree with both of the above folks' thoughts/processes.

TO WIT:

I've been using "wools", in the above ascribed manners, for decades:
Damnation to Decades...Well over a half-century now!!

:)

Bob

lyodbraun
10-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Well got to use my new car pro wool mitt tonight on the wife's high lander, and wow what a great wash mitt, holds lots of soap and just works better than my old mitts, gotta say I'm very pleased with it....