PDA

View Full Version : ideas for a truck!

rickyong123
10-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Planning on buying a new truck for the company. We need a company truck that will carry heavy loads in the bed (wood, tiles, concrete, etc). Any idea on used trucks out there? What's the best looking and performing truck I can buy out there for about 25-35 thousand dollars? The truck needs to be:

- able to carry and tow heavy loads
- 4WD
- somewhat low mileage
- easy maintenance and reliable
- 4-door

Was looking at a 2012 Tundra Crewmax. Any ideas?

Robert8194
10-24-2013, 08:26 PM
I love my Ram 1500. The Tundra has a little better turning radius but they are pricy and hard to get a great deal. Maybe low mileage would be easier to negotiate than new.

UglyBetty
10-24-2013, 08:56 PM
I have a 2008 Tundra, previously two Fords. In my opinion, the Tundra is a little more of a "truck", however, if you are looking for a quiet ride and creature comforts, the Ford or Chevy fits that bill. Only complaints I have about my Tundra are, it has a little more road noise, the seats aren't comfortable for me, and the paint scratches too easily........still a great truck. Oh, and mileage isn't all that great either.

mjd91
10-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Maybe I'm considered a little old school but I don't even consider a Toyota or Nissan when I think truck.
To me, truck means Dodge, Chevy, and Ford.
I just bought a new Dodge.
After driving a 5.3l Chevy Tahoe and a 5.7l Dodge in the same weekend there was no comparison.
The Chevy felt like a dog in comparison.

If you don't want any bells and whistles a brand new truck can probably be had in your price range.

rickyong123
10-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Maybe I'm considered a little old school but I don't even consider a Toyota or Nissan when I think truck.
To me, truck means Dodge, Chevy, and Ford.
I just bought a new Dodge.
After driving a 5.3l Chevy Tahoe and a 5.7l Dodge in the same weekend there was no comparison.
The Chevy felt like a dog in comparison.

If you don't want any bells and whistles a brand new truck can probably be had in your price range.

How much did you purchase your dodge for? And if you don't mind me asking, what are the specifications?

Coastalf350
11-23-2013, 07:47 AM
Find a ford eco boost or 5.0 F150. Or go with a tundra. They will have the better interior, ride, paint quality, frame(maybe not with the yota), front end, and transmission. The dodge will fall apart. (Sorry if I offended anyone)