PDA

View Full Version : Ez creme vs Meguiars 66 straight test

stilltipping3
10-24-2013, 05:18 PM
So I wanted to do a test of what the real abilities of EZ Cream n Meguiars 66 would do. Neither of them completely removed all the swirls but they took out 60% and hid a bunch of them. I think if a customer doesn't want to pay for the full paint correction then this is what I will offer. I will put Klasse to the test next time. Any comment and suggestions are are welcomed. I used the BRAND NEW FLEX I got today and also medium cut pads.

This post has the Megs66 on the right side with the left side untreated. The next post will be of The EZ Creame

stilltipping3
10-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Here is the EZ CREME on the left and the right side has been treated with Megs 66 already. I found the I liked both.

rjd598
10-24-2013, 05:41 PM
First off I love your avatar :lol: from the pics it looks line 66 beat out ez creme. Any comments on that?

stilltipping3
10-24-2013, 06:54 PM
First off I love your avatar :lol: from the pics it looks line 66 beat out ez creme. Any comments on that?

Yes, I would say that 66 is much better and will be sticking with it from now on. Any1 want to buy or trade a bottle of EZ Crème for something. I ordered 2 when they were on sale and don't need the other one. Its not a bad product but 66 is far better. 66 has a small amount of abrasives that work better for swirls than EZ Crème. I think the EZ Crème is just a paint cleaner. Either way, i can use the EZ Crème when im don't polishing and then top it with KSG but the 66 is really all you need for a quick polish and wax. No KSG after the 66. Two different results for what need your looking for. How much is the customer willing to pay? I will let them pick, just know the swirls will probably re-appear after the EZ Crème has worn off.

allenk4
10-24-2013, 08:44 PM
What am I missing here?

It looks like you are comparing a Glaze vs a Cleaner Wax?

Glaze does not "Remove" swirls; it is designed to hide defects by "Filling" them.

The swirls are still there and they will definitely re-appear after the EZ Crème...or any other glaze wears off.

EZ Crème does Not have any cleaning properties.

From the Chemical Guys Website

"A glaze is a polish without any cleaning properties. Glazes are used primarily to improve the shine, brilliance and clarity of paint. Glazes are primarily used by body shops for finishing jobs or to bring out the high brilliance of a vehicle's paint. Glazes are also commonly used on show vehicles to achieve a "High-Luster" or "wet-look". Glazes do not replace polishing. If polishing is necessary on a surface that has minor swirls and imperfections, in order to achieve the best superior results, the surface should be polished with a premium polish like Pro-Polish or All-IN-1."

Chemical Guys GAP_111_16 - Extreme Shine EZ Creme Glaze (16 oz) (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical_Guys_GAP_111_16_Extreme_Shine_EZ_Creme_p/gap_111_16.htm)

Meguiar's M66 is a Detail Spray (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-quick-detailer-.html)

cardaddy
10-24-2013, 10:45 PM
What am I missing here?

Meguiar's M66 is a Detail Spray (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-quick-detailer-.html)

This line tells it all.
"This isn’t a quick detailer in the traditional sense, but the name does fit."

Moreover as it says;

Meguiars #66 Quick Detailer removes water spots, stains, light oxidation, and micro-marring from clear coat and single stage paint finishes. With a combination of chemical cleaners and the mechanical motion of a buffer, #66 restores gloss and removes blemishes effectively and efficiently.

Seems it has some abrasive properties more than a straight up chemical based paint cleaner as well. And of course it does say it has wax added. Come to think of it, it may be exactly what you'd see on the corner car lots most expensive 10 year old car they have. (It's not like they would actually do any REAL paint correction. If ya' know what I mean. ;) )
:laughing:

allenk4
10-25-2013, 09:51 AM
My point was that comparing the two products head-to-head doesn't make sense as they are designed to do different things.

From the previous post, it seems that M66 itself has no abrasives, but relies on the buffer pad:

"With a combination of chemical cleaners and the mechanical motion of a buffer"

stilltipping3
10-25-2013, 02:36 PM
What am I missing here?

Glaze does not "Remove" swirls; it is designed to hide defects by "Filling" them.

The swirls are still there and they will definitely re-appear after the EZ Crème...or any other glaze wears off.

"A glaze is a polish without any cleaning properties. Glazes are used primarily to improve the shine, brilliance and clarity of paint. Glazes are primarily used by body shops for finishing jobs or to bring out the high brilliance of a vehicle's paint. Glazes are also commonly used on show vehicles to achieve a "High-Luster" or "wet-look". Glazes do not replace polishing. If polishing is necessary on a surface that has minor swirls and imperfections, in order to achieve the best superior results, the surface should be polished with a premium polish like Pro-Polish or All-IN-1."

Chemical Guys GAP_111_16 - Extreme Shine EZ Creme Glaze (16 oz) (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical_Guys_GAP_111_16_Extreme_Shine_EZ_Creme_p/gap_111_16.htm)

My point was that comparing the two products head-to-head doesn't make sense as they are designed to do different things.

From the previous post, it seems that M66 itself has no abrasives, but relies on the buffer pad:

Megs has abrasives. I was just doing a side by side so show pictures of how each one works for those that don't use them. That's all.

cardaddy
10-25-2013, 04:37 PM

No it has abrasives, but also it seems as it fills as well.

Megs has abrasives. I was just doing a side by side so show pictures of how each one works for those that don't use them. That's all.

And what I got out of it..... ;)

More stuff I need on the shelf! :laughing:

stilltipping3
10-25-2013, 05:35 PM
[quote=allenk4;972543]What am I missing here?

[URL="http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-quick-detailer-.html"]Meguiar's M66 is .

u have misspoken. The ez creme absolutely says it its a paint restorer with supra light cleaner. Well, thats what the bottle says and its the ez creme II version. Looking at it now!

allenk4
10-25-2013, 06:29 PM
Just for Fun...

You said (cut & pasted all):

"Any comment and suggestions are are welcomed"

So have fun with it

"I think the EZ Crème is just a paint cleaner"

Chemical Guys thinks it's Glaze, but, as they do with a lot of their products, they will claim that it does a little bit of everything.

Chemical Guys is know for a bit of hyperbole. They claim on their website and the packaging that EZ-Crème is:

-"Supra light cleaner"
So is a grey foam pad on a DA with water

-"Leaves a durable high gloss finish
High gloss...Yes Durable...No

-"Delivers unparalleled shine and protection"
Unparalleled?

-"Fast acting paint restorer"
Restore- To bring back to an original condition
I don't think so

-"Removes light marks and ultra-fine scratches"

-"unique cohesion system reduces surface static to repel dirt by reducing static charge on the vehicle"

-"provides a more uniform appearance to the clear coat"

"I used the BRAND NEW FLEX I got today and also medium cut pads."

EZ Crème is designed to be applied with a non-cutting pad

"I was just doing a side by side so show pictures of how each one works for those that don't use them. That's all. "

"Yes, I would say that 66 is much better and will be sticking with it from now on."

If it's just a side-buy-side to show how each one works; what's the point of picking a Winner?

Use it for whatever you want whenever you want. It smells great! I like it as a glaze.

stilltipping3
10-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Just for Fun...

You said (cut & pasted all):

"Any comment and suggestions are are welcomed"

So have fun with it

"I think the EZ Crème is just a paint cleaner"

Chemical Guys thinks it's Glaze, but, as they do with a lot of their products, they will claim that it does a little bit of everything.

Chemical Guys is know for a bit of hyperbole. They claim on their website and the packaging that EZ-Crème is:

-"Supra light cleaner"
So is a grey foam pad on a DA with water

-"Leaves a durable high gloss finish
High gloss...Yes Durable...No

-"Delivers unparalleled shine and protection"
Unparalleled?

-"Fast acting paint restorer"
Restore- To bring back to an original condition
I don't think so

-"Removes light marks and ultra-fine scratches"

-"unique cohesion system reduces surface static to repel dirt by reducing static charge on the vehicle"

-"provides a more uniform appearance to the clear coat"

"I used the BRAND NEW FLEX I got today and also medium cut pads."

EZ Crème is designed to be applied with a non-cutting pad

"I was just doing a side by side so show pictures of how each one works for those that don't use them. That's all. "

"Yes, I would say that 66 is much better and will be sticking with it from now on."

If it's just a side-buy-side to show how each one works; what's the point of picking a Winner?

Use it for whatever you want whenever you want. It smells great! I like it as a glaze.

I agree with you,..kinda. I was demonstrating the different techniques available with different products. You don't always have to follow the directions of the manufacturer as im sure many don't. I wanted to show what each did and I didn't pick a winner as it wasn't a contest but a demonstration and I made my choice which is just an opinion.
Many companies over boast their products and as we use them and gather info from others we can make a decision on what we would like to purchase. If im at fault for doing it wrong then my bad. However, there is always differences of opinions and yours is welcome. That's what makes the USA great! But u stated it had no cleaning abilities and it clearly states that it does on my bottle. We will see if any1 chimes in that owns a bottle of EZ Crème and what theirs says. I have no problem getting customers and charging $400+ for my work. Its nice to do tests on how chemicals work, react, and the results of the total job done. My techniques may be morbid and some may feel sick about them but its just to show a little bit of what I encountered while using the products. Thanks for your input, and looking forward to more.

allenk4
10-25-2013, 08:16 PM
Here's a picture of mine

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/EZ_Creme.jpg