PDA

View Full Version : Mobile detailers: What is your paint correction process on the road?

Justin M.
10-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Just some quick background. I am in the process of putting together the pieces to start my part time detailing business. I walked into the city and county building last week to talk to zoning about a home auto detailing business. They said I cannot do that because, while a home run business is allowed, it has to be entirely inside the house. The garage (where all my work would be done) is not considered "inside the house." Argh!

SO, I am going to be offering some mobile services and working with local car shops to see if I can rent space from them, when required, for longer paint correction jobs. Fortunately, from being in the local SCCA scene and being a car guy forever, I have a lot of contacts that have shops so I am hopeful I can work something out there.

Ok, now my question for mobile detailers; what is your process for cars that require a multi-step paint correction? For me, that kind of job takes 2 days. How are you all doing it with a mobile setup? Do you do half the work one day and come back the next? Do it all in one day? Bring your own power (generator), etc? I've seen a lot of good examples of mobile setups, but I am mostly interested in how the time is managed while still completing a high quality job.

Thanks!

EliteDetailing
10-24-2013, 03:23 PM
It depends on what the client wants. I have done multi-day services. As far as generators, unless you get a large unit the buffers don't run with the same power as plugging them in, which everyone seems ok with.

Detailing by M
10-24-2013, 03:27 PM
99% of your jobs can be done withing 8-10 hrs.
There's no problem in coming back the next day or even a few days.
I have a generator and most do but when power is available I plug in there.
Most of my jobs are done with M205, MFC pad on my Bigfoot and done in a few hours.
Most people ain't looking for 100% correction more like 90% or even 75%.
But it's never been a problem for me and a lot of others.

SuperGlide
10-24-2013, 05:02 PM
One to three days on mobile correction jobs. The customer
understands the amount of work it takes once they know
And see the process.

Justin M.
10-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback and your experiences guys, I appreciate it!