PDA

View Full Version : Sox, baby!

kevincwelch
10-23-2013, 08:19 PM
The unhittable Wainwright is suddenly brought back down to earth.

cleanmycorolla
10-24-2013, 12:27 AM
As a fellow sox fan don't get too excited yet, too early. But it's always nice to get the first one.

Also Wainwright started the game with 270 innings pitched on the season, that's a lot on an arm two years from tommy john surgery. he had to be tired!

VISITOR
10-24-2013, 01:57 AM
i've always been a fan of both the boston celtics and red sox, and with that said i hope the red sox win!

DaHen
10-24-2013, 05:35 AM
'Tis only the first game. Allot can happen.

Meghan
10-24-2013, 05:44 AM
I will take the first win and hope for a few more.

ken tuep
10-24-2013, 05:49 AM
As a cardinals fan, I saw the errors playing a huge part in the game. If they were made off the first hitters in the inning, and not under pressure with bases loaded, the game would have ended differently.

The red sox are a tough team, but my cardinals came unravelled last night. They gave that one to Boston.
Regardless of who wins the series, they both deserve it. I hope it doesn't end like in 2006 though! Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

drvnbysound
10-24-2013, 06:36 AM
As a fellow sox fan don't get too excited yet, too early. But it's always nice to get the first one.

Also Wainwright started the game with 270 innings pitched on the season, that's a lot on an arm two years from tommy john surgery. he had to be tired!

That's just conditioning for the post season ;)

Goodylax
10-24-2013, 08:14 AM
B Strong baby!
Cards will never win if they continue to almost get pegged by fly balls:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Meghan
10-24-2013, 08:36 AM
As a cardinals fan, I saw the errors playing a huge part in the game. If they were made off the first hitters in the inning, and not under pressure with bases loaded, the game would have ended differently.

The red sox are a tough team, but my cardinals came unravelled last night. They gave that one to Boston.
Regardless of who wins the series, they both deserve it. I hope it doesn't end like in 2006 though! Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

You are very right seemed they just could not get themselves together, they handed us several very nice gifts last night. Good luck to you guys tonight, I just hope for a good game, and some better calls, last night made me think it was NFL refs.

zmcgovern45
10-24-2013, 08:44 AM
As a Cardinals fan, I will start out by saying I was thoroughly embarrassed by their "performance" last night... but you surely can't put the loss on Wainwright's shoulders. The sloppy fielding played a much bigger role in the runs scored than the pitching.

It also sucks that Beltran injured himself saving a grand slam that really wouldn't have mattered in the grand scheme of things. Should have just let it go over the wall (though I know that is not in any true player's nature) and spare himself the possibility of missing the rest of the World Series... an experience he has been working towards for a very long time! Hopefully he bounces back.

We were definitely outplayed though, well done Red Socks... hoping the Cardinals decide to show up for game 2.

Klasse Act
10-24-2013, 09:39 AM
***WARNING CARD FANS***

BEWARE...A SINGLE SWING BY A SOX BATTER CAN CRUSH YOU!

I know this as a Tigers fan, the Sox are a machinne from top to bottom and its just not going to be your year!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Klasse Act
10-31-2013, 08:43 AM
Congrats to the Red Sox, from a Tigers fan!

Meghan
10-31-2013, 08:58 AM
:wave::wave::wave::wave:

dpk20x
10-31-2013, 09:30 AM

Hey your screen name really suits you. Class act all the way!

Romans5.8
10-31-2013, 09:43 AM
The unhittable Wainwright is suddenly brought back down to earth.

Wain-O has had issues all year. Far from unhittable in 2013. Ever since his Tommy John surgery he's had two modes. Ace on the mound, or get-him-the-heck-out-of-there. The weirdest thing is all season he pretty much rarely had an 'average' 2 run, 4 or 5 hit game through 6 or 7 innings. He either pitched a shutout or a one-hit or one-run gem through 8 or 9 innings, or had allowed 5 runs by the 3rd.

Wacha however...

That was a great Game 6. Have to hand it to you guys. It's fun to watch Big Papi (I have to admit it) and beating Wacha was BIG. Here in St.Louis we were worried about Game 7, not Game 6. Wacha was 5-0 in the post season. HE was unhittable.

I have to say though; maybe it's my lifelong Cardinals fan bias, but I think the 2011 World Series was the greatest world series ever played; and you Red Sox fans know exactly why. Coming back from 10.5 games out to get the wildcard, then fighting our way to the series. The only difference was, from the pre-game of Game 1 Fox had the Red Sox holding the title (I guess they were right!). Same with the Rangers in 2011. But they were wrong!

My favorite quote of the 2011 World Series was from Joe Buck. "They. Will. Not. Go. Away". In fact, towards the end of Game 6, 2011 they were talking about the celebrations the Rangers were gonna have, how things were getting ready in Texas. I even remember hearing how 'so and so is going to have his first World Series win in his career' and how the Rangers were going to go back to Texas and prepare for the next season 'after a Championship'. They were too busy talking to see the Cards take it back late in the game and force a Game 7!

Maybe that's why they were a little more cautious this time around. I noticed, about halfway through the game, they began the 'Sox have already won' talk, but a few of them corrected themselves 'reminding' the viewers of what BOTH teams have done in Game 6's in the past.

No doubt about it. Just great baseball. Red Sox deserved the win. For starters, Game 6 is the only game that was won! The weirdest thing about this series was that the opposing team LOST each game, nobody WON one. Whether it was errors, a complete lack of offense, or whatever. They LOST the game, nobody WON it, because it was just who had the least amount of errors and the least-asleep offense. Game 6 was different though. Both teams battled hard. Red Sox won in the end.

I always root for the team that beats us in the post season if we don't make it to the World Series (since the Cards make it to the playoffs more often than not; nearly every season, but obviously don't always make it to the world series). The way I see it, I don't wanna be beat by second place. It feels better to say we made it all the way to the playoffs but were bested by the eventual World Champs, not bested by the guys who got beat!