PDA

View Full Version : Who has OS X Mavericks & Mike's Book?

swanicyouth
10-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Just downloaded OS X. First thing I did was download Mike's book

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/23/asubanud.jpg

If anyone is curious how to do it, when you get OS X you will have and iBooks icon. Just click it and it will update your library. Then it will ask for your Apple ID and pass code. Then close library and go in iBooks store. Search "Mike Phillips"

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/23/evy5uvyj.jpg

It's the first choice. Click and buy.

cleanmycorolla
10-23-2013, 10:34 AM
What's nice about Mavericks is the iBook app, nice to be able to read on my MacBook as well now.

EvolutionDetail
10-23-2013, 10:37 AM
I am holding out on download the new OS, as I am sure there will be lots of bugs and what not....
Hopefully wait for a week or two and apple will clean it up

swanicyouth
10-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Workin good so far.

Mikes book has little movies in it as well, which I didn't expect.

swanicyouth
10-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Mikes book is very good and I recommend it. I'm only a 1/3 of the way through, but it's nice to read something about detailing in well thought out written work. It has most of the latest stuff on it like IronX and Clay substitutes that were just new when the first book came out.

Book report: I give this book ten stars.

Evan.J
10-24-2013, 08:19 AM
Good to hear Steven. I have that paper back version and it great.

How are you liking Mavericks?

Its great on my Macbook so far

swanicyouth
10-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Good to hear Steven. I have that paper back version and it great.

How are you liking Mavericks?

Its great on my Macbook so far

The limit of my computer use is just basic stuff: Internet, buying stuff and paying bills online, and uploading pictures. So, most of these "upgrades" really don't benefit me. The main reason I wanted this was just to get Mikes book.

My real interest lies in the iPad Air.

Evan.J
10-24-2013, 08:48 AM
The limit of my computer use is just basic stuff: Internet, buying stuff and paying bills online, and uploading pictures. So, most of these "upgrades" really don't benefit me. The main reason I wanted this was just to get Mikes book.

My real interest lies in the iPad Air.

Im in the same boat. My first gen Ipad finally stopped working so i am trying to figure out if its going to be the air or the mini

swanicyouth
11-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Finally got the IPad Mini so I can read Mikes book on it. Pretty excited. I started reading it on Mavericks but have sitting at the computer.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/04/4aru9e2a.jpg

Maybe Apple should hire MP.

Romans5.8
11-03-2013, 09:35 PM
I am holding out on download the new OS, as I am sure there will be lots of bugs and what not....
Hopefully wait for a week or two and apple will clean it up

One thing Apple does that's kind of neat is they 'seed' the new OS to registered developers (basically, anyone putting apps on the Mac App Store or the App store; or anyone who just wants beta access so bad they pay the $99/year fee and become a 'developer'). They seed it in 'builds' with the final version being the 'Golden Master', that is intended to be for release. So even before it hit the download 'shelves' it was tested and used by thousands of people for months.

There are still bugs. Thousands of developers vs millions of average users is a big difference. But modern versions of OSX seem to have very few bugs compared to other platforms thanks to this. (Other platforms also have developer betas but those are generally smaller)

I have Mikes book on my Mac. But, truth be told, I prefer to read on my iPad. Kinda awkward on my Mac, dunno why?