PDA

View Full Version : Natty's Red reviewed!!

Pages : [1] 2

AUdakota
06-21-2007, 01:51 AM
Tonight I couldnt sleep so I decided that it was time to use the new wax from the PB people.

Process:

DG 921
The paint wasnt dirty as I had just washed it a day or two ago and it hadnt left the garage,but I still didnt want to chance it so I just QD'd it to make sure there was nothing on it.

Pinnacle Pain Cleansing Lotion on Edge white pad
I wanted to make sure that I got rid of any of the SSII that was left on the paint from a few weeks ago. This was the first time I had used a product like this and I must say this stuff is GREAT, it left the paint perfectly clean and ready for glaze/wax.

XMT Glaze w/Carnuba on Edge white pad
I have used the CG WMF glaze and I still go back to the XMT when I want to top a glaze with a wax. I simply glaze the entire truck and than once im done I go back and buff everything off and prepare to wax it up.

Natty's Red Wax
Let me tell you if they dont continue to sell this stuff I will be seriously disappointed. It went on super easy and came off with very little effort plus it smells good enough to eat. My arms are not sore at all and I shot 150 rounds of skeet today as well. This wax is easier to work with than my NB and I would say maybe even a little easier to work with than Pinnacle SSII. The look as far as I can tell until the morning is better than NB and much better than the SSII, I just didnt like how the SSII looked on my paint for some reason. Bottom line if you are on the fence about this wax BUY IT!!!!!!!

Sorry I dont have pictures, but once the sun is out tomorrow you will see, and I wanted to see what a couple hours would do to it. I know that NB seemed to look better on the second day.

Gary Sword
06-21-2007, 05:23 AM
I must see pictures before making any comments. I got some Poorboy's red but I have not tried it.

ScottB
06-21-2007, 06:05 AM
I am looking to try it, since it is offered as a limited edition, you might wanna buy a couple and store them like Wystang did with his collection of #16.

supercharged
06-21-2007, 06:08 AM
Tonight I couldnt sleep so I decided that it was time to use the new wax from the PB people.

Process:

DG 921
The paint wasnt dirty as I had just washed it a day or two ago and it hadnt left the garage,but I still didnt want to chance it so I just QD'd it to make sure there was nothing on it.

Pinnacle Pain Cleansing Lotion on Edge white pad
I wanted to make sure that I got rid of any of the SSII that was left on the paint from a few weeks ago. This was the first time I had used a product like this and I must say this stuff is GREAT, it left the paint perfectly clean and ready for glaze/wax.

XMT Glaze w/Carnuba on Edge white pad
I have used the CG WMF glaze and I still go back to the XMT when I want to top a glaze with a wax. I simply glaze the entire truck and than once im done I go back and buff everything off and prepare to wax it up.

Natty's Red Wax
Let me tell you if they dont continue to sell this stuff I will be seriously disappointed. It went on super easy and came off with very little effort plus it smells good enough to eat. My arms are not sore at all and I shot 150 rounds of skeet today as well. This wax is easier to work with than my NB and I would say maybe even a little easier to work with than Pinnacle SSII. The look as far as I can tell until the morning is better than NB and much better than the SSII, I just didnt like how the SSII looked on my paint for some reason. Bottom line if you are on the fence about this wax BUY IT!!!!!!!

Sorry I dont have pictures, but once the sun is out tomorrow you will see, and I wanted to see what a couple hours would do to it. I know that NB seemed to look better on the second day.
Thanks for a review. SSII is actually designed for metallic paints, and that where I'd use it, where Natty's blue (red) was for darker paints.

sparkie
06-21-2007, 07:01 AM
I will be looking for the pics. Don't forget.

Truls
06-21-2007, 07:15 AM
pics, pics, pics:D

Got that one on the way, red car NEEDS red wax....

devst8
06-21-2007, 07:37 AM
easier to work with than Pinnacle SSII? is that possible? lol

looking foward for pictures!

P1et
06-21-2007, 09:14 AM
I am looking to try it, since it is offered as a limited edition, you might wanna buy a couple and store them like Wystang did with his collection of #16.

For some reason, this has textbook marketing written all over it. Make a "limited edition" wax, jack up the price and create some hype. If it takes off, you know PB will be making it a mainstream wax.

Not discrediting the wax by any means, haven't tried it yet, just commenting on the whole "limited edition" thing.

Russecu
06-21-2007, 09:39 AM
For some reason, this has textbook marketing written all over it. Make a "limited edition" wax, jack up the price and create some hype. If it takes off, you know PB will be making it a mainstream wax.

Not discrediting the wax by any means, haven't tried it yet, just commenting on the whole "limited edition" thing.
I agree with this. I have seen other limited edition products not be so limited. I will just keep my nattys blue and use it until we hear more about the red.

Gary Sword
06-21-2007, 12:17 PM

Your probably right P1et but still the price isn't that bad compared to most good waxes. If it goes on and off a little easier then natty's blue it's probably worth it.

ScottB
06-21-2007, 12:17 PM

I too take it with a grain of salt. On another board Steve came out and said this will be the basis of a new product he will release on a normal basis. It will use some of the new ingredients. Maybe just white versus red ... but if its great then by all means KILL the limited status.

Wasnt the George Forman grill limited once ?????

Surfer
06-21-2007, 12:23 PM
CG 5050 was supposed to be limited as well right? They still make it, sayin goes "as long as theres demand.......".

I'm interested in the red as well, already love NB and would love to try NR.

wytstang
06-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Vac sealed is how I roll :awesome:

budman3
06-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the review AUdakota. I'm going to be buying this soon. As for the limited edition there was a certain amount made in Red. When all is said and done, if people like it, Natty's Blue and Natty's white may get a little revisitation and you won't see the red again. That is how I read Steve's posts. Plus why does it matter? This first batch was limited to less than 1000 jars plus the addition of higher quality materials = great wax. This new wax is still cheaper than most carnaubas...

AUdakota
06-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Here are the Pics!!!!!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/DSC07045.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC07046.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC07044.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC07048.JPG