PDA

View Full Version : Chicagoland folks packing it up yet?

Pages : [1] 2

kevincwelch
10-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Well, it's expected to get down into the low 30s this week. My garage doesn't have any insulation, and it certainly isn't heated since it's detached.

Wondering if I should bring the detailing supplies in doors this weekend.

Has anyone packed it up yet?

eroz
10-21-2013, 09:28 PM
Yeah, just did my first 2 bucket wash, iron x, clayed. Since I did not see any swirls so I just cleaned the paint with dp paint prep followed that with dp paint coat and topped it off with Collinite 845. Once done all supplies were moved to the basement.

zmcgovern45
10-21-2013, 09:32 PM
This weekend is my last scheduled correction... I keep all of my sensitive products (ie coatings and waxes) indoors all year, but the rest of the collection will be headed to basement storage after this weekend.

wdmaccord
10-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Yep, supposed to snow here tomorrow, so I packed up the items I don't already keep inside year round and brough them in the house. My garage is attached and insulated, so I can probably still do interiors through the winter. Exteriors might be doable just using rinseless washes with Citrus Wash. I can always go to the touchless up the street first to get most of the crud off. I'm going to look into heating options for the garage. Just want to keep it around 60 degrees or so.

kevincwelch
10-21-2013, 10:25 PM
I will probably package up all the shampoos and polishes and then make a bin with the ready-to-go waterless washes and ONR for quickies in the winter time.

This will be a good test of the C1 and EXO. :dblthumb2:

GenesisCoupe
10-22-2013, 08:10 AM
This past weekend was my last scheduled detail and i will be keeping everything in my bedroom closet until mid April/Early May depending on temperatures.

lkotsios
10-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Started packing up this morning, it hit 30 degrees.

Ezmoney
10-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Yes, packed up all the goodies this weekend when I heard the forecast.

Don't want to risk losing any supplies so they'll spend the winter time indoors.

GenesisCoupe
10-22-2013, 02:07 PM
I actually keep all my detailing products inside all year long. Sometimes i'll leave some stuff in the garage overnight if im too lazy to bring everything upstairs.

I do need to invest in a towel only bag, a product only case, and so forth. It will save some room in the car when mobile detailing.

MPBGT
10-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Over the past couple years as my collection of products has grown I just bought a shelf and everything stays in the house year round and only comes out when I need it. I will have to start bringing my in car emergency kits out of the old cars though.

Misterpaul
10-22-2013, 07:47 PM
I drove in snow today at lunchtime. As to the OP: I keep my supplies in the basement year 'round. I take out what I will need. During the winter I usually rinse the vehicles off then follow up with ONR. If it's warm enough I've been known to wax the vehicles in the sun in freezing temperatures (with no issues.) The garage is not insulated (yet) but with the heater on I can get it up into the upper 50's in a couple of hours. Once insulated I'm hoping for mid 60's.

wompasaurus
10-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Packing up aswell. Taking inventory cleaning everything and waiting for spring or a heated garage to become available.

custmsprty
10-22-2013, 08:47 PM
87 in Tampa today, it's supposed to cool off in the next couple days, low 60's at night, day time highs in the upper 70's oh yeah!!! Chamber of Commerce weather!!!

kevincwelch
10-23-2013, 06:59 AM
Brought in all the liquids and clay last night. Just have an empty cabinet in my garage with two lonely DA polishers and a bunch of pads and microfibers. (smells less chemical in there though....)

Looking forward to some of those breakthrough warm days this winter.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
10-23-2013, 07:28 AM
When I had a garage in the past, attached and detached, I always brought my products inside, not worth the risk of ruining them.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online