PDA

View Full Version : Need A Product Like 3D HD Cut, Polish, Uno, etc

MrM1
10-21-2013, 03:29 PM
After being pretty much an HD Uno and Poxy loyalist, I think (for various reasons) it is time to change brands. I am in FL and my recent order that shipped from the FL store has not arrived after 8 days. Never received a tracking number (have not for my last 2 orders) and now that they have a warehouse in FL I also pay state tax. Message them on Saturday and got no response. Called today and they say the order should be here tomorrow. Customer Service on the phone today has been pretty much on the ball today with 3D HD ... But Orders from Autogeek get a tracking number and arrive in 2 days and I just want to start getting everything from the same vender. I ordered a bunch of stuff from Autogeek and some Cut and Polish from HD. Autogeek got here middle of last week, still waiting on HD. We just wanted to polish some cars this last weekend ... OK, Bad day ... rant over. :awman:

So it's time for me to try something new. I have really grown to like the overall use and affect of HD Cut and HD Polish as a combo before using a sealant. Any suggestions on what might work similar to these 2 products in relation to ease of application, dusting, and ease of removal. I know that HD Cut is not the best Cut out there, but it is very easy to use and does not break down / diminish.

Also, as an LSP (when I don't use Opticoat), what would be a good replacement for HD Poxy.

What would be some good suggested replacements for
1. HD Cut (tried 105 and it is just not my thing)
2. HD Polish (tried Optimum polish but do not like the caulking in cracks)
3. HD Poxy

Any help would be appreciated.

530inv
10-21-2013, 03:34 PM
How's it going? I am very familiar with HD Cut and it is a great product. I just got the Wolfgang Uber Compound 3.0 last week and used it on a hammered truck and as of right now it had HD Cut beat!! I will be doing some more testing probably next weekend and I can take some HD Cut comparisons if you would like.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/72008-quick-wolfang-uber-compound-3-0-vs-menzerna-fg400-pic.html

HD Polish is a great as well but another product I would recommend would be Menzerna SF4000.

I would use Duragloss 111 in place of HD Poxy. My poxy is probably gonna rot in my detailing cabinet since I discovered DG111.

I would advise CarPro Eraser as well for your wipe down before you apply the sealant. It really removes the excess polish residue and intensify's the finish.

MrM1
10-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks, I will look in to those. I am using DP coating prep polish as my last step before sealants (either that or IP wipe). Would not mind hearing your comparisons between Wolfgang Uber Compound 3.0 and HD Cut. I will check out the thread. :D

rwright
10-21-2013, 04:11 PM
With HD the ease of use is hard to beat. The oils are 10x easier to remove than any Menzerna polish. If you are having problems with that particular HD reseller, why not change? Regarding Uno, you won't need it once Adapt is released. I was part of the group beta testing it and it will be the polish to beat. I personally tested it down to 2000 grit and if I recall Barry Theal tested it down to 1500 grit sandpaper. If you would like additional info on testing, please pm me as AG does not sell HD. Their house, their rules. :)

I am interested in the WG Uber Compound but haven't used it, so I cannot comment on the level of cut compared to Meg's or HD. For those that have used it, how is the dusting level? Removal? Working time? How easy is it to remove the oils, ie. 1 IPA wipe or multiple IPA wipes? How does it perform on both hard and soft clears?