PDA

View Full Version : New customers

BrianMcLeod
10-21-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm 14 and I like detailing cars I am trying to get more customers but they say I will call you but they never do any tips on to how to wash there cars also I use the two bucket system with grit guards and all of that; Same on swirl marks.

07gtcs
10-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Ask you parents to ask their friends, and work for cheap (for now).

Pureshine
10-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Ask you parents to ask their friends, and work for cheap (for now).

:iagree: At your age most people won't trust you to do their cars :(.

rousher99
10-21-2013, 04:00 PM
I started detailing as a side business when I was 16. And I had the same issue. What I did was started off slow. Doing family members cars (usually for free to gain more experience) and I didn't really have a customer base until I was 19. And it was basically a customer base of 50 cars per year. But it was fun and good side cash. I have since moved and trying to get the customer base again is rough. People will criticize age, appearance ect. But all you really need to do is have patience bro. Work on your skills as much as possible, including your salesman skills.
I would consider myself an intimidating looking guy(6ft 280lbs "evil" tattoos and always wearing a mechanics shirt with the sleeves cut off) and if it wasn't for my sales pitch, market research, and thousands of hours of practice I would get shooed away like a stray dog. And I believe people are over looking you due to your age..just remember practice and patience. if you want it, it will come.