PDA

View Full Version : Dealership nervousness...

Pages : [1] 2

Daven75
10-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Anyone get that nervous feeling when your baby is at the dealer for any reason? Mines there cause I cannot figure out the problem. I'm just nervous because its a dealership and I love my baby. Idk, I think its a trust thing.

Am I the only one who gets this?

SYMAWD
10-21-2013, 12:55 PM
I work at a dealership and as long as you ask them not to wash it, you'll be fine. Also, perhaps ask them not to test the wipers if they perform any sort of complimentary check.

Daven75
10-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Well its not necessarily about the washing, this dealer actually knew about not washing because of the abrasiveness of the brushes. It was nice to know they actually new about it. They also said they don't wash unless its requested lol.

I'm more worried about what they'll say for what needs to be fixed :[

Is $105/hr a normal for diagnosis?

SYMAWD
10-21-2013, 01:24 PM
If you're out of warranty it could be.

Daven75
10-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Yea, I have a 2000 jeep xj, wayyyy out of warranty :[

swanicyouth
10-21-2013, 01:28 PM
I told my friend last night if I bought a new car I would only accept it off the truck with all the factory plastic on it and the dirt from transport.

He says I'm crazy and need mental help. His wife works at a Ford dealer and said she never heard of such nonsense.

Daven75
10-21-2013, 01:31 PM
ROFL! Honestly, I'd be the same way probably

Lanceb028
10-21-2013, 01:39 PM
nope! was just at a Nissan dealer on saturday and i made it known not to wash my car.

as i was standing outside i seen them washing a newly purchased car with brushed from top to bottem. glad i told them when i first got there

SYMAWD
10-21-2013, 01:44 PM
I told my friend last night if I bought a new car I would only accept it off the truck with all the factory plastic on it and the dirt from transport.

He says I'm crazy and need mental help. His wife works at a Ford dealer and said she never heard of such nonsense.

Honestly, the dealer might object to leaving the wrappings on. I have seen cars with paint chips and scratches underneath the wrappings and the dealer needs to inspect the vehicles before signing for them if they want the damage to be covered. While it is a very low percentage of vehicles that have it, your dealer may or may not object to leaving it on. Where I work they mostly stay on though because more damages may occur having the unwrapped.

DetailKitty
10-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Tho I truly like my local dealership, my car never goes there except for little stuff like an inspection. At $145/hour labor rates, it's not gonna happen. My next car can go to the dealership when it's under warranty and has free maintenance.
Anything big I know my car needs I drive an hour to my specialty shop. I trust them with my life :xyxthumbs:

Daven75
10-21-2013, 02:56 PM
. Jeeps been at the dealer for an hour, all they came up with is they suspect the vacuum line under the battery is torn. Thats what's wrong with the cruise. Battery is bad according to them yet I tested it at my friends autozone 6 times and it passed. Idk. I'm pissed. $210 of work so far and that's all. Ugh. My normal shops are 4.5hrs away

Pureshine
10-21-2013, 04:18 PM
The only thing I worried about is a door ding from the lot attendants.

SYMAWD
10-21-2013, 04:53 PM
The only thing I worried about is a door ding from the lot attendants.

Does your dealer do a vehicle walk around and give you a copy of it when you drop off your vehicle?

oldmodman
10-21-2013, 05:06 PM
I have a supercharged Cobra and when I had to take it into my local Ford dealer for a safety recall I loaded a special tune that shuts off the engine at 2500 RPM.

I don't want some lot monkey playing "Speed Racer" in my car.

And the car was covered with "DO NOT WASH & DO NOT DETAIL" signs. Plus I had the service writer walk around the car and made him write down that the paintwork had absolutely no scratches, holograms, or swirls in the paint anywhere.

He was warned that I would be the most anal retentive customer he had ever had. So be warned.

The car was returned un-blemished in any way.

custmsprty
10-21-2013, 05:37 PM

That's what I did for my Black GC. I inspected it with them as they removed it.