PDA

View Full Version : Most Popular Colors and Personalities Revealed

Pages : [1] 2

AL417
06-20-2007, 09:45 PM
I haven’t seen this on this forum so I thought it would be fun information to take a look at. This is from the 2006 DuPont Automotive Color Popularity Report.
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=top&story=colorLuxury&subject=colors&referer=&aff=national (http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=top&story=colorLuxury&subject=colors&referer=&aff=national)

Based on the DuPont Automotive rankings of most popular automotive colors in North America, here’s what Color Answer Book author Leatrice Eiseman says vehicles are revealing about their owners’ personalities:

• Silver: Elegant, loves futuristic looks, cool
• White: Fastidious
• Vibrant Red: Sexy, speedy, high-energy and dynamic
• Light to Mid-Blue: Cool, calm, faithful, quiet
• Dark Blue: Credible, confident, dependable
• Taupe/Light Brown: Timeless, basic and simple tastes
• Black: Empowered, not easily manipulated, loves elegance, appreciates classics
• Neutral Gray: Sober, corporate, practical, pragmatic
• Dark Green: Traditional, trustworthy, well-balanced
• Bright Yellow-Green: Trendy, whimsical, lively
• Yellow Gold: Intelligent, warm, loves comfort and will pay for it
• Sunshine Yellow: Sunny disposition, joyful and young at heart
• Deep Brown: Down-to-earth, no-nonsense
• Orange: Fun loving, talkative, fickle and trendy
• Deep Purple: Creative, individualistic, original

So where do you fit in with the color and personality factor? Are you a match or is it time to get a new car?

Gary Sword
06-20-2007, 09:55 PM
I guess I'm a lot of different things but it's all good.

2KLS1
06-20-2007, 09:57 PM
I like black the most, wether I fit that discription is a matter of opinion I suppose....lol.

Nica
06-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Very interesting, but I'm confused becuase I like silver, dark green and ligh to mid-blue...oh and a vibrant red will be my next vehicle...so I'm all mest up ;)

ltoman
06-20-2007, 09:59 PM
ha ha - that was funny. i thonk red is just plain obstreperous!!! hee hee

Gary Sword
06-20-2007, 10:01 PM
ha ha - that was funny. i thonk red is just plain obstreperous!!! hee hee

What the hell does obstreperous mean ms. english teacher :confused: I know you are wild and unruly.

2KLS1
06-20-2007, 10:04 PM
What the hell does obstreperous mean ms. english teacher :confused:
What does thonk mean...lol.

Gary Sword
06-20-2007, 10:05 PM
What does thonk mean...lol.

I thonk ms english teacher made a typo.

2KLS1
06-20-2007, 10:10 PM
I thonk ms english teacher made a typo. LOL....as I was reading, it kind of sounded like she got clubed in the head while she was typing.

Gary Sword
06-20-2007, 10:24 PM
LOL....as I was reading, it kind of sounded like she got clubed in the head while she was typing.

:D LOL, I hope your ok Lauren. Where would we be without the vette princess?

ltoman
06-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Geez, my hubby wanted to run out the door to get Starbuck's, and I miss a typo!! Guess I will never live that down. hee hee hee

Gar, You know what obstreperous means, silly boy, or you would not have put the meaning. You did not get where you are today without being a lot smarter than that...I don't buy it for a minute!

Without the Vette Princess, you would be VERY bored.
Guys - did you know the 08 Vette has a new engine? The LS3. 430 hp!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

When the C-7 comes out, mine goes off for trade in! (whenever that is!)

Gary Sword
06-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Geez, my hubby wanted to run out the door to get Starbuck's, and I miss a typo!! Guess I will never live that down. hee hee hee

Gar, You know what obstreperous means, silly boy, or you would not have put the meaning. You did not get where you are today without being a lot smarter than that...I don't buy it for a minute!

Without the Vette Princess, you would be VERY bored.
Guys - did you know the 08 Vette has a new engine? The LS3. 430 hp!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

When the C-7 comes out, mine goes off for trade in! (whenever that is!)

It's not the first typo of yours ms english teacher. :p

I wonder what other colors apply to the obstreperous vette princess? Besides this thread needs to get back on topic. Sorry Al.

wytstang
06-20-2007, 11:33 PM
fastidious
1 archaic : SCORNFUL (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scornful)
2 a : having high and often capricious standards : difficult to please <critics...so fastidious that they can talk only to a small circle of initiates -- Granville Hicks> b : showing or demanding excessive delicacy or care c : reflecting a meticulous, sensitive, or demanding attitude <fastidious workmanship>
Not sure I agree.

ltoman
06-21-2007, 12:52 AM
It's not the first typo of yours ms english teacher. :p

I wonder what other colors apply to the obstreperous vette princess? Besides this thread needs to get back on topic. Sorry Al.

Since you already threw it off topic, how many times have I told you to quit stalking me? You ain't gettin' any action here so give it up, ok?
Sorry Alice. Gary thinks I am his girlfriend in his fantasies. Does that fit with a bright yellow car?
Probably!!!

Wytstang - you do keep your stang fastidiously clean, as we all do here....?????

Grimm
06-21-2007, 07:13 AM
I don't go with the whole color matching your personality thing. My favorite colors are black, dark green and dark blue. But that said, I like a variety. My first car was silver, the second black, third white, fourth dark green, and now back to black. And my fun car is red. So I wonder what that would say about me?