PDA

View Full Version : Glaze and finishing polish recomendations

Thejoyofdriving
06-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Hi all, I am really after that head turning, crazy good looking paint. i am looking for the best looking finest glaze and finishing polish i can find/afford. I was looking at pinnacle finishing polish, and it seems to be nice, but does any one know of any thing better for about the same price? I also have looked around for some glazes, but most of them have abrasives in them, i am looking for a pure glaze, that works amazing on red, black, silver or any thing else i throw at it, any suggestion? And one more thing, it would be nice if the glaze and finishing polishes are water baised and non staining.

Surfer
06-20-2007, 09:31 PM
I love RMG and Chemical Guys glazes, but they are not sold here. XMT is here but don't care for it, Megs #7 as well but it can be finicky but it is a pure glaze.

Ong~Bak
06-20-2007, 09:42 PM
I used pinn AFP and really liked it, brought out the flakes and paint was smoothe
then topped that with Menzerna glaze, glossy glassy look and then Sig II for a
metal flake glow, I am really happy with that look...

:cheers:

richy
06-21-2007, 01:11 AM
It's gonna depend a bit on your colour and so-on. On black I use either RMG or my new Menz glaze..either one topped with P.S. Another option I have not tried YET! is the CG wet mirror finish; it looks promising as well. I think the eye popping responses come from both the paint and the wheels and the trim including glass. It has to grab you as a package.

AUdakota
06-21-2007, 01:30 AM
I have used the CG WMF glaze and the XMT glaze and I think that of the two the WMF is better by itself, but if your going to top it with a carnauba than I think that the XMT glaze is the way to go.

Thejoyofdriving
06-21-2007, 01:40 AM
I need some help here because i have only been here for like 2 weeks, what is rmg and wmf? I have been looking around and it looks to me that the thing i am after is the menz finishing glaze. as for a finishing polish, menzerna polishes look too rough, it says on the menz chart that their finishing polishes have a cut of 3-2:eek: which seems way way too much cut, i am looking for a finishing polish that would be more of a .3 or .2. I am pretty interested in their wood polishes, my interior is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo scratched

AUdakota
06-21-2007, 02:01 AM
red moose glaze - Clearkote's glaze
Wet Mirror Finish - Chemical Guys' glaze

I think there is an acronym list somewhere, I remeber using it for the first couple weeks to decipher our AG vernacular.

ScottB
06-21-2007, 06:14 AM
I highly suggest the new Menzerna Glaze for those looking for a nice product with much added wetness and gloss. Not to bad on pocket, and so large you'll be able to share for months to come !

Thejoyofdriving
06-21-2007, 03:13 PM
i also have been looking at the chem guys glazes, but i dont really like them, the rmg looks good, but i will probably be going with the menz glaze. any one have any more recomendations for a very very mild finishing polish?

Al-53
06-21-2007, 03:25 PM
If your looking for a wood polish.....I would look inti the Meg's Guitar polishes...they are made for wood and have the oils in to enrich the wood also....

Thier wood polish is endorsed by Fender also...

Menzerna also makes a wood type polish for doing Pianos....I do not know which one it is....but if you search Piano polish it should come up....

Al