PDA

View Full Version : Polishing and rain

t5620
10-19-2013, 04:31 PM
IHello
I just finished washing and drying my car plus claying and polishing one panel before the night sky began to take over.

I was planning on polishing as much as I could but only managed one panel.
I'm going to finish the rest tomorrow..but the forecast calls for a chance of quick showers overnight..
I'm not able to cover the car in any way either.

I was wondering what the best course of action would be to avoid a re wash..
The only protection is some coats of Aquawax from a few weeks ago.
Should I reapply to help with the rain and then just clay to remove once I start to polish again?
..or should I not re wax to avoid having to remove it again and just clay?
or something else?

Thanks

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
10-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Just re-wash the car, dry and start polishing.

The car is going to get dusty from sitting out over night regardless.

t5620
10-19-2013, 04:35 PM
That's the other thing I was thinking about. Even if it doesn't rain there is going to be stuff on the car.. unless I carefully try a quick detail panel by panel?

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
10-19-2013, 04:38 PM
That's the other thing I was thinking about. Even if it doesn't rain there is going to be stuff on the car.. unless I carefully try a quick detail panel by panel?

Ya you could do that too. Just make sure you wash the car in some fashion before you start polishing again. :dblthumb2:

t5620
10-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Ya you could do that too. Just make sure you wash the car in some fashion before you start polishing again. :dblthumb2:

Oh yeah, I was definitely planning on cleaning it in some way before I started polishing again. Once I inspect it I'll probably just quick detail and clay if it's not too bad instead of a full on wash..if not then I'll give it a quick wash.
Thanks for your quick replys!

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
10-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Oh yeah, I was definitely planning on cleaning it in some way before I started polishing again. Once I inspect it I'll probably just quick detail and clay if it's not too bad instead of a full on wash..if not then I'll give it a quick wash.
Thanks for your quick replys!

Also, it might be quicker to clay the whole car first, then polish the whole car, instead off doing both processes per panel.

t5620
10-19-2013, 05:20 PM
I will probably try that instead.
Thanks again

creaky
10-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Same thing happened to me today. Washed, clayed, compound polish and the ran out of daylight. Car is outside now and it rained. Would a QD on each panel do the trick before going to fine polishing? Or maybe clay again? Or do I need to do a traditional wash and dry before moving on to fine polishing tomorrow?

t5620
10-19-2013, 09:49 PM
Same thing happened to me today. Washed, clayed, compound polish and the ran out of daylight. Car is outside now and it rained. Would a QD on each panel do the trick before going to fine polishing? Or maybe clay again? Or do I need to do a traditional wash and dry before moving on to fine polishing tomorrow?

Yep.. it did end up raining as well here...not much, but the water is beaded..
I'm going to inspect it but I'm still hoping that a quick detail and clay to be safe would work