PDA

View Full Version : Meg's Glass cleaner D120, stains microfiber?

szjalo
10-19-2013, 11:54 AM
so I started to use to D120, diluted it to 1:10 per the instruction. One thing I noticed is my final solution seems to be a lot more blue than other one's I saw on Youtube. Can you spot if that is the right looking?

Another thing, I found out D120 is difficult to be washed off from microfibers, the microfiber will keep that blue looking for 3-4 washes, which is annoying.

One day I spilled some concentrated D120 on my kitchen table, and the stuff just stay there forever. I tried bleach but didnt remove the blue stain.

Wonder if I am the only one came across this? Am I doing everything right?

Bunky
10-19-2013, 12:11 PM
I have not experienced any staining.

Russell Detail
10-19-2013, 01:06 PM
I use D120 regularly and have never really noticed excessive staining on microfibers.

I don't know if I'd say your solution looks "too blue", although I have the dedicated Meguiar's spray bottle for mine which has a kind of haze to the clarity of the bottle.

You say you mixed the solution at a ratio of 10 parts water to 1 part cleaner?

I would just check your measurements for the ratio to confirm that you didn't have an error. I suppose there's always the slim chance it could be a bad batch, but always best to cover your bases too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using AG Online

ihaveacamaro
10-19-2013, 01:09 PM
I've never had an issue with microfiber staining, certainly seems odd. I'd try contacting Meguiars.

bigbadbp7
10-19-2013, 08:53 PM
I have been using it for years, no staining at all. Looks to blue to me. Have you noticed excessive streaking? I remember when I had the wrong dilution it would streak so bad.

szjalo
10-19-2013, 09:24 PM
I actually used a precise lab 1oz syringe to measure the concentrate. unless the 32oz bottle is not actually 32 oz I cannot figure out if the ratio is over. also used DI to dilute.

The major caparison is from Roshan's Youtube video. from that video, my solution is at least 2X more blue than his (and we used the same sprayer bottle).

I havent seen any streak yet on glass, it just hard to get off from microfiber.

t5620
10-19-2013, 09:40 PM
I have had it stain microfiber in concentrated form. I spilled some and quickly grabbed a microfiber to wipe it up. It does fade after a while but when diluted it shouldn't stain.

mark98xlt
10-20-2013, 01:22 AM
2.9 ounces is the exact amount of concentrate needed for a 10:1 dilution ratio in a quart bottle..

mark98xlt
10-20-2013, 01:23 AM
I use bright yellow waffle weave window towel microfibers and not a single stain?