PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss car wash

Pages : [1] 2 3

shadowrlc
06-20-2007, 05:25 PM
I picked up a gallon of Duragloss car wash today. At $25 a gallon, is it really that much better? I've always used Blue Coral wash and wax at $5 a gallon. I havn't tried the DG yet but I am wondering is it worth the difference in price or does using the right polish and LSP mean more than the type of soap. Any thoughts and experience is greatly appreciated!

dengood1
06-20-2007, 06:05 PM
I picked up a gallon of Duragloss car wash today. At $25 a gallon, is it really that much better? I've always used Blue Coral wash and wax at $5 a gallon. I havn't tried the DG yet but I am wondering is it worth the difference in price or does using the right polish and LSP mean more than the type of soap. Any thoughts and experience is greatly appreciated!

Probably gentler on your lsp than the Blue coral. Also has agents in it to help prevent water spots. Plus, it smells awesome!!!

Truls
06-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Yes good and slick, smells good and cleans well imo

DG soap and Poorboys SS&S is in a different league

dengood1
06-20-2007, 07:03 PM
Yes good and slick, smells good and cleans well imo

DG soap and Poorboys SS&S is in a different league

I've got a gallon of the DP soap and I rate it VERY high. The stuff us super slick, cleans great, smells good, and rinses really clean. It's great stuff. Have you ever tried it??

Jimmie
06-20-2007, 07:10 PM
Good buy. One of the favorites on here.

Surfer
06-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Comparing Duragloss wash to Blue Coral is like comparing a Viper to a Civic, one rules...one doesn't :D

shadowrlc
06-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Never tried DP. I've always loved to keep a "detailed" car, or so I thought! ;) That was until I started reading AG and realized that all I was doing was washing cars and not truly detailing! Now that I'm in head first, I guess I'll be trying everything so a gallon of DP will be next!

BlueRacer
06-20-2007, 07:58 PM
I've got a gallon of the DP soap and I rate it VERY high. The stuff us super slick, cleans great, smells good, and rinses really clean. It's great stuff. Have you ever tried it??

:iagree:

ScottB
06-20-2007, 08:09 PM
I find it to be a nice offering, some of the line is medicore at best, but the soap is rather high ranking in my book.

Reddwarf
06-20-2007, 08:57 PM
I find it to be a nice offering, some of the line is medicore at best, but the soap is rather high ranking in my book.

Are you saying that some of the DP line is "mediocre"?

dengood1
06-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Are you saying that some of the DP line is "mediocre"?

I'll clear this up for him......he meant Duragloss;)

ehuth1
06-20-2007, 09:10 PM
DG I believe is what he means...

I have the gallon of 902 DG soap and I couldn't be more pleased!! I mix other agents with it and have gotten nothing but satisfaction. I even mix DP extreme foam formula with it :) Super DUPER Suds.

Cheetah
06-21-2007, 12:59 AM
Probably gentler on your lsp than the Blue coral. Also has agents in it to help prevent water spots. Plus, it smells awesome!!!
Does it really have these agents in it? I didn't know that. Are there any other good soaps that has this ability? I've been adding a cap of ONR to my wash mix for this and it does the job but if I can buy a soap that already has this ability even better.

ltoman
06-21-2007, 01:06 AM
Comparing Duragloss wash to Blue Coral is like comparing a Viper to a Civic, one rules...one doesn't :D

You are right - the Civic rules. Dodges SUCK!

ltoman
06-21-2007, 01:09 AM
Does it really have these agents in it? I didn't know that. Are there any other good soaps that has this ability? I've been adding a cap of ONR to my wash mix for this and it does the job but if I can buy a soap that already has this ability even better.

Duragloss really is better IMHO as well. it does not strip like many of the Meg's, let's say, do. It goes a long way, foams up very nicely, and is pleasant to work with. It is a good price for its quality. On my vette and the Relay - the 2 new cars, 2007 and 2006, I mix some with Pinnacle to stretch out the Pinnacle and make it sudsier. Try it for yourself. To each his own, as they say. Pick it up at NAPA, try it, and when you love it order it from AG in big sizes.