PDA

View Full Version : XMT Finishing Glaze

Darren F
06-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Is XMT Finishing Glaze an All In One product where it will clean and protect? I was under the impression that a glaze doesnt do either of those.

DantheMan
06-20-2007, 05:39 PM
neither really.. at least in my experience.. It does give a nice look, but i would say its a cleaner at best. It does have some carnauba, but I wouldnt use it as a lsp myself..

360 does though.

HighEndDetail
06-20-2007, 05:56 PM
It has no cleaners or corrections in it.

Rsurfer
06-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Is XMT Finishing Glaze an All In One product where it will clean and protect? I was under the impression that a glaze doesnt do either of those.

xmt glaze does have light cleaners, but no abrasives in it. So it will clean and protect because of the nuba in it. I would still use a wax over the glaze.

Nica
06-20-2007, 06:46 PM
I agree with Rsurfer and HighendDetail.

I like XMT Finishing Glaze, actually I like all the glazes I just love the wet look :D

Surfer
06-20-2007, 07:45 PM
It does have light cleaners but not on the level of a true All-In-One like Klasse AIO, personally I don't care for it, RMG and CG Glaze are way better. If you use it, top it with a wax.

Meghan
06-21-2007, 06:18 AM
If you do not mind I am going to step in here and add a little info on this product.
Taking directly from the site.

"A glaze is unlike a finishing polish in the fact that glazes do not contain abrasives. They may contain cleaners, like this one, but primarily they serve as a moisturizer for the paint. Some detailers regard glaze as an optional step and you can tell who they are by their vehicles. Don’t believe it. An exceptional glaze, such as XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze, is essential to achieving the kind of head-turning shine we’re all after.

Try Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze as the finale of your compounding process or, if your paint is already in great shape, use it after washing. Applied with your dual action or rotary polisher, the gentle cleaners blend away minor flaws - like spider webbing, haziness, and overall dullness – to increase depth and clarity. At the same time, a layer of carnauba bonds to the paint surface to further enhance the dynamic shine created by the glaze. What can’t be removed with the cleaners is filled in with carnauba to create a smooth, flawless finish. It’s perfection and protection in one!"

Hope that helps~ ;)

sparkie
06-21-2007, 07:11 AM
If you do not mind I am going to step in here and add a little info on this product.
Taking directly from the site.

"Some detailers regard glaze as an optional step and you can tell who they are by their vehicles.
Hope that helps~ ;)
Yep, I do agree somewhat. IMO glaze adds to the look, a deeper richer look. The thing is, people just don't want to pay for that step..

Darren F
06-21-2007, 11:12 AM
The finishing glaze would go after using 360 or you wouldnt have to use the finishing glaze?

Mike T
06-21-2007, 12:30 PM
If I'm not mistaken applying the XMT glaze over 360 would remove the sealant properties of the polish do to the cleaners in the finishing glaze.