PDA

View Full Version : LC flat pads

KS_Detailing
10-18-2013, 09:20 AM
I want to pick up some flat pads. I have been using LC CCS for a while now. I primarily use orange with 105 and white / grey with 205. Which flat pads compare to the LC CCS orange & white?

Thinking about the yellow, orange, white & grey

Feed back please

statusdetailing
10-18-2013, 09:34 AM
I want to pick up some flat pads. I have been using LC CCS for a while now. I primarily use orange with 105 and white / grey with 205. Which flat pads compare to the LC CCS orange & white?

Thinking about the yellow, orange, white & grey

Feed back please

I prefer the flat pads on a DA. Since switching to mf pads for cutting, I primarily use White or grey if the mf finishing pad doesn't finish down well (which it does at least 90% of the time).

Lately, it seems like the only time I use the orange pads is for tight areas that aren't safe with a mf cutting disc. I use an orange 4" pad for these areas.

I primarily use the grey pads for applying sealant or wax but will sometimes use them to finish on very soft paint.

statusdetailing
10-18-2013, 09:36 AM
The flat 5.5 pads are what I use and have the same color system as the ccs.

KS_Detailing
10-18-2013, 09:41 AM
The flat 5.5 pads are what I use and have the same color system as the ccs.

Thanks. I was wondering if the color systems matched up

GenesisCoupe
10-18-2013, 09:47 AM
I have a combination of both, but for some reason i found myself to be using the flat pads more often. I also switched from 6.5 to 5.5 on my PC as in my opinion it handles a lot better and i can focus more on the detail when doing paint correction. When applying sealants i use the 6.5.