PDA

View Full Version : MTM Foam Lance help

BoostN
10-17-2013, 10:51 PM
So, I purchased the Greenworks 1700PSI pressure washer from Lowes and attached the Foam cannon.

I didn't measure out any of the Mr. Pink because I wanted to see how it was testing with the new washer. I put about half a bottle of hot water and and a "good pour" of Mr. Pink (sorry I don't have specifics).

My problem is, no matter how much I adjusted the knobs on the cannon it never did produce foam, and I didn't see water enter/or leave bottle.

After trying different twists and turns and turned the bottle upside down and I had no problems, foamed like shaving cream.

Any ideas?

tnecniv
10-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Sounds like the straw/tube that goes down to the bottom of the bottle is missing/loose.

BoostN
10-17-2013, 11:06 PM
Sounds like the straw/tube that goes down to the bottom of the bottle is missing/loose.
Yep I didn't hook that part up.. oops!

Thanks, I'm sure that is my issue. I'll try it again in the morning.

The Greenworks isn't bad, but I'm thinking of taking it back and getting the gas model step up. Reviews are so good though.

Decisions, decisions.

rjd598
10-17-2013, 11:20 PM
Yep I didn't hook that part up.. oops!

Thanks, I'm sure that is my issue. I'll try it again in the morning.

The Greenworks isn't bad, but I'm thinking of taking it back and getting the gas model step up. Reviews are so good though.

Decisions, decisions.

1700psi isn't enough? What are you trying wash lol

BoostN
10-17-2013, 11:27 PM
1700psi isn't enough? What are you trying wash lol

Nothing major, I'm spoiled by my dads 4000 PSI pressure pro. That thing is a beast!

But, it's over kill for me. I may stick with the greenworks, I don't know.. it just seems like a water hose with a little extra push. The pressure pro will rinse a car from 20 feet back.. :xyxthumbs:

feslope
10-18-2013, 01:08 AM
Nothing major, I'm spoiled by my dads 4000 PSI pressure pro. That thing is a beast!

But, it's over kill for me. I may stick with the greenworks, I don't know.. it just seems like a water hose with a little extra push. The pressure pro will rinse a car from 20 feet back.. :xyxthumbs:1700 psi is plenty of pressure, what you are lacking is volume. Just not enough power in a 110 volt 15 amp circuit to give you volume and pressure.

Bunky
10-18-2013, 05:31 PM
I think you can get a decent amount of suds from a 1700 psi pressure washer. If you do a search many have done it without having to go to a gas unit.

rickyong123
10-18-2013, 05:43 PM
Has anybody experienced or hear anything good about the 1500psi greenworks model? Thinking about a pressure washer, but the 1700 psi seems like a bit too much for me. Any advice on which one to get?

rjd598
10-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Has anybody experienced or hear anything good about the 1500psi greenworks model? Thinking about a pressure washer, but the 1700 psi seems like a bit too much for me. Any advice on which one to get?

I have a 1500psi ar unit and it's plenty of power for me

BoostN
10-22-2013, 02:00 AM
Well to update, I guess I'll keep the Greenworks 1700PSI for now. I actually used it this weekend to clean my sidewalk and did a great job for no concrete wash..

It has enough power to get the job done, however just not as FAST as a bigger gas unit. Now, if it holds up to my moderate use for my two cars I'll be happy.

Here are two pictures of during and after the wash.

Also, PS, Foam gun is working now that I added the draw straw.. :D

stilltipping3
10-22-2013, 03:44 AM
I use a craftsmen 1900psi electric pressure washer and its fine. I get hella suds!!!

rickyong123
10-23-2013, 10:50 AM
Well to update, I guess I'll keep the Greenworks 1700PSI for now. I actually used it this weekend to clean my sidewalk and did a great job for no concrete wash..

It has enough power to get the job done, however just not as FAST as a bigger gas unit. Now, if it holds up to my moderate use for my two cars I'll be happy.

Here are two pictures of during and after the wash.

Also, PS, Foam gun is working now that I added the draw straw.. :D

wow man those before and after shots look nice! do you think it'll take a long time cleaning a normal sized driveway?

BoostN
10-23-2013, 09:12 PM
wow man those before and after shots look nice! do you think it'll take a long time cleaning a normal sized driveway?

Yes it would, but I guess it depends on how much you clean your driveway if it's worth it to purchase a big gas powered one.

Dombey
10-23-2013, 09:26 PM
I have an 1800 psi - 1.5 gpm electric washer and the standard (gen 1) mtm works just like in the videos with the honeydew soap. Thick, wet foam... Thick enough to stick but wet enough to eventually run off with the dirt. It's great.

4000 psi scares me and would be very tempting to accidentally take off my paint...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)