PDA

View Full Version : Wolf's Chemicals

Pages : [1] 2 3

rwright
10-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Who has experience with Wolf's Chemicals here? What products have you used? How do you like what you have used?

I haven't had a chance to use any of Jesse's stuff but have heard nothing but positive things. I'm looking at the Carnauba Glaze and Blue Moon Liquid Carnauba Wax, as well as the nano paint & plastic set.

af90
10-17-2013, 07:58 PM
I've used clean and coat and blackout tire and trim gel. Both solid products overall. I have Body Wrap but have yet to use it, I had it up for trade but haven't updated the sample thread anytime recently.

swanicyouth
10-17-2013, 08:18 PM
I've tried 2 things, the "Quickie Quick Detailer" and the trim "coating". I thought both were not good.

Pureshine
10-17-2013, 08:20 PM
I use the Rim shield love it and the window shield sealant is good too.

lyodbraun
10-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Tried their hardbody and was not impressed at all, wasted my money on that one lol... Have since gone to other brands... That actually work..

rwright
10-17-2013, 08:24 PM
First I've heard of hard body being no good. Honestly haven't heard much about the Quickie Quick Detailer.

Circa40
10-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Ive used Hardbody with good results so far. I applied it about 8 months ago to a daily driven Tacoma thats parked outside 24/7 and it seems to still bead water very well.

I've also used the textile coating and rim shield and they are not anything worth writing home about IMO.

swanicyouth
10-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Ok, here is my story. I bought the "Quickie" QDer when Autopia picked up the line. I probably have 30+ different QDers & spray waxes. I just bought it to try it. It was the first QDer I thought was just bad. Not to mention when you read the bottle back - it tells you its a spray wax. Its streaky and has zero lube to it.

So, I posted my thought on Autopia about it. I believe Jesse offered to send me any other product because of my dissatisfaction. True to his word, he sent me the Nano Trim Coat all the way from Budapest.

I put it to the test comparing it to CarPro DLux. It wasn't even a contest - DLux blew it out of the water.

You can find that thread here with pics and a video:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67743

The thing is, the trim coat seems to be somewhere between a dressing and a coating. IMHO calling it a coating is a stretch, as is selling it for $6 an oz. I also felt the QDer should have been labeled a spray wax (albeit a poor one) - not a QD.

Don't know. Nice guy and all, but I do tons of reviews here and rarely do I trash a product. I guess different things just work for different people.

rwright
10-17-2013, 08:43 PM
I can say for certain that not all detail sprays are created equal :)

swanicyouth
10-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Yep :)

rwright
10-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Since you have lots of experience with products, do you think detail sprays that are carnauba based tend to streak a lot? Personally I'm not a fan of wax based detail sprays for this reason. In my opinion a detail spray should be just that, a quick cleaner with no real protection. That's the purpose of a spray wax, right?

HateSwirls
10-17-2013, 08:52 PM
I first used Quick Detailer "Quickie"
Spreads easy and buffs off easy too.
Leaves a just waxed looking finish.

Next I used the Equalizer, I found it cuts very good on hard CC's, low to no dusting ,really rids of swirls with just a few passes, best part is that it wipes off as easy as a polish which it should being it's a heavy duty cutting polish.

I had a scratch I had to sand out , it removed the sanding marks without much effort.
I'll be trying more of their products in the future, decent prices.

It may not be the most popular or talked about product but it's very good IMO

rwright
10-17-2013, 08:58 PM
I'll have to dig more into the 3 spray products. At a quick glance it looks like Nano QD is for boosting body wrap and hard body, quickie qd is for boosting blue moon wax, and the mask appears to be a stand alone sealant.

HateSwirls, did you use Equalizer as a 1-step or did you follow up with another polish? Is that the only Wolf's polish you have used? I honestly haven't looked for reviews of the others yet, I will this weekend though since I will have the weekend off. Thanks for the feedback.

quiksilver_ben3
10-17-2013, 09:01 PM
I like Wolf’s Chemicals Mean Green Rinseless Car Wash (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfs-mean-green.html) . The scent reminds me of my grandparents place. :laughing:

Wolfs Chemicals Deironizer Decon Gel (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfs-chemicals-decon-gel.html)
Tried a little, not enough to have an opinion yet. Smell is not bad.:xyxthumbs:

Wolf’s Chemicals The Mask Spray On Protection (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfs-chemicals-the-mask.html)
Just missed a good chance to use this...

-----------------------------------------------------
Wolf’s Chemicals Blue Moon Liquid Carnauba Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/blue-moon-wax.html)

"a single application of Wolf’s Chemicals Blue Moon Liquid Carnauba Wax will yield up to 6 months of paint protection!"

What???!

swanicyouth
10-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Since you have lots of experience with products, do you think detail sprays that are carnauba based tend to streak a lot? Personally I'm not a fan of wax based detail sprays for this reason. In my opinion a detail spray should be just that, a quick cleaner with no real protection. That's the purpose of a spray wax, right?

I like them all. A good product is a good product. I use them differently. Some with carnauba that are nice IMO are Flitz Speed Wax, Eco Touch Spray Wax, Dodo's Carnauba Glaze, Optimum (when used on naked paint), and Zymol Field Glaze. I just ordered SwissVax's Nano QD today - so we will see how that one is.

I probably don't have half the experience a lot of guys here have, I just have a lot of products - and a lot if opinions.