PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Detailing Kit

Pages : [1] 2

Fos
10-16-2013, 11:31 AM
Mike at the last Detailing Boot Camp you suggested having an emergency Detailing Kit in one's vehicle is never a bad idea. Just in case of bird droppings or other road contaminates come in contact with your paint. What products along with a few microfiber towels would you recommend for this kit?:buffing:

c8n
10-16-2013, 11:40 AM
I just keep a spray bottle of ONR diluted at QD strength and the softest MF towel I own.

Pureshine
10-16-2013, 11:41 AM
I have in mine.
APC
Detail Spray
Glass cleaner
MP MF towel
Nice MF towel

CRyan
10-16-2013, 12:06 PM
I just keep a spray bottle of ONR diluted at QD strength and the softest MF towel I own.

Same here.

GenesisCoupe
10-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Hmm..that's a good idea for keeping the ONR and i bet the heat inside a trunk doesn't really impact its performance, same goes for winter...well it can freeze but a few minutes inside a warm car will defrost it quick.

JSou
10-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Always equipped with QD or a Waterless wash and many MF towels in the back of my car.

Dogfather
10-16-2013, 01:28 PM
UWW+
Megs QID
MFs

If I'm vacation I'll also bring a bucket and a small bottle of rinseless for a quick wash if the opportunity presents itself.

stilltipping3
10-16-2013, 02:58 PM
UWW+
Megs QID
MFs

If I'm vacation I'll also bring a bucket and a small bottle of rinseless for a quick wash if the opportunity presents itself.

That's to much for me and my little car. A small spritzer bottle of qd and a waterless wash and a few towels. No problems so far.

Romans5.8
10-16-2013, 03:40 PM
Love ideas like this. Was just thinking about that! I always keep a blanket, first aid kit and a few tools too. Amazing what you can cram into the spare tire well and not take up any space.

Klasse Act
10-16-2013, 04:13 PM
Well I'm a nut ball I guess, my crate has:

-Alien Kleen
-Diablo wheel cleaner
-"FrankenDetailer"
-Meg's Interior Detailer
-DG AW
-various tire dressings, sample sizes
-tire dressing applicator inside a small box
-various mf towels for various duties
-glass cleaner
-pair of large GG drying towels

I think that's all of it:-P

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

cardaddy
10-16-2013, 04:16 PM
I keep QD, QW, ONR, and a bottle of water AT LEAST, along with numerous towels in all my cars. (Along with a way to dust them.) I've said it here before, if my family EVER comes home with dried bird poop on their cars dealing with me is worse than just pulling over and getting it off before you get home. :laughing:

My wife is always getting on me when we'll go somewhere and she may run right in for something only to come back out with me going over the car with QD spray. ;) (Heck I'll do that when we BOTH go inside, before I leave.) :rolleyes:

c8n
10-16-2013, 04:26 PM
My wife always gives me that ### look whenever I wipe down my bumper and side view mirrors for bugs at a rest stop.

Audios S6
10-16-2013, 05:04 PM
APC
UWW+
Glass cleaner
DG AW

Since I have a young child, I also have:
Folex
Interior QD
Leather cleaner

DetailKitty
10-16-2013, 05:30 PM
This thread reminds me I need to throw a small bottle of QD in the car.
Otherwise, I usually just have a pretty complete bag of tools, microfibers, and a tire repair kit in the boot.

Bunky
10-16-2013, 05:40 PM
I keep microfiber, glass cleaner, and UWW+.